- What is the watchlist?
- The watchlist is a device that allows you to specify a URL of which you wish to be reminded of at a given date in the future.
- What does the bracketed number alongside the 'Watchlist' link signify?
- This is the total number of elements currently in your watchlist. It includes all URLs that you have added and not yet removed.
- Can anybody else see the contents of my watchlist?
- No. It is viewable only by you.
- What can it be used for?
Some possible uses are given below:
- Under construction URLs so that you can periodically check whether the site is operational.
- Edit-side profile links for new editors you are mentoring, or your mentor.
- Forum thread URLs to remind you to post a reply, or monitor the thread's progress.
- Links to categories for which you are considering applying.
- Can I ask to be reminded of any URL?
- Yes. You may specify any URL, on any protocol that you wish. For example, you could specify a mailto: URL, that when clicked would launch your e-mail client with the specified address entered.
- How can I be reminded of a URL the very next time I return to my dashboard?
- When you input the time, use a decimal number such as '0.0000000001' and set the time units to 'Days'. This ensures almost immediate notification.
- Can I add an entry to my watchlist directly from the 'Edit URL' screen.
- Not at this time, however, this feature will be available in the future.