Ideally, you should not submit club web sites here directly, but rather to the subcategory of the most specific locality, such as the state, province, or country to which the club belongs. Sites submitted to each category should contain information that is relevant to all Toastmasters in that category but not the entire world.Clubs are the basic unit within Toastmasters International. Each club has a set of officers (president, treasurer, etc.). Most clubs have between 10 and 30 members, and usually meet weekly. Some clubs are open to the public while others are held within companies and/or other organizations and thus have a restricted membership.
Club websites should be submitted according to the following format:
- Use the name of the club as the name of the website.
- List the name of the club (ending with the word Toastmasters) without the location unless it''s part of the name; for example, "Tumbleweed Talkers Toastmasters."
- The description should include the location (city, state/province, and/or country) where the club meets. If read by itself, it should leave no doubt about where the club is. For example, don''t say "the North Shore" without specifying which north shore.
- Don''t include meeting times in your description, or exact meeting places, since these may change.
The editors reserve the right to omit from the index sites which are submitted more than once to the same category, sites under construction, or sites which belong in other categories.
Please submit only sites which:Toastmasters International is led by a Board of Directors. This board consists of a five officers elected by Toastmaster members for a one year term - President, Senior Vice President, Second Vice President, and Third Vice President. In addition, there are eighteen international directors, also elected by Toastmaster members. Each of the eight regions is represented by two directors (16), and there are two directors selected from areas not represented by a region (2). These directors serve two year terms, with directors representing the same region elected in alternating years.
- Describe current Toastmasters International officers or directors,
- Promote the candidacy of an individual for the position of Toastmasters International officers or directors, or
- Provide general resources about international officers and directors.
Do not submit club, area, division or district web sites to the category. Sites must be primarily Toastmasters-related.Besides Toastmasters International and its club and district web sites, experienced Toastmasters have compiled other useful resources to help promote communications and leadership skills.