US groups which engage in terrorist activities as defined by Secretary of State-
TERRORIST ACTIVITY DEFINED
--As used in this Act, the term "terrorist activity" means any activity which is unlawful under the laws of the place where it is
committed (or which, if committed in the United States, would be unlawful under the laws of the United States or any State) and which involves any of the following:
- The highjacking or sabotage of any conveyance (including an aircraft, vessel, or vehicle).
- The seizing or detaining, and threatening to kill, injure, or continue to detain, another
individual in order compel a third person (including a governmental organization) to do or
abstain from doing any act as an explicit or implicit condition for the release of the
individual seized or detained.
- A violent attack upon an internationally protected person (as defined in section
1116(b)(4) of title 18, United States code) or upon the liberty of such a person.
- An assassination.
- The use on any--
- biological agent, chemical agent, or nuclear weapon or device, or
- explosive or firearm (other than for mere personal monetary gain), with intent to endanger, directly or indirectly, the safety of one or more individuals or to cause substantial damage to property.
- A threat, attempt, or conspiracy to do any of the foregoing.