In Partnership with AOL Search
 
Submit sites having to do with the town of Yancey, Texas. If the site is of broader interest, consider submitting it to the Counties:Medina category.
Formerly known as Tehuacana and also known as Moss, is on Farm Road 462 fourteen miles south of Hondo in south central Medina County. It was named for Yancey Kilgore and Yancey Strait, sons of the owners of the townsite lands.
Submit sites having to do with the town of Yantis, Texas. If the site is of broader interest, consider submitting it to the Counties:Wood category.
"Yantis is at the intersection of State Highway 154 and Farm Road 17, near the Lake Fork Reservoir, twelve miles north of Quitman in northwest Wood County. Yantis was named for its first postmaster, George R. Yantis, who by 1890 was also running a gristmill and gin at the community of thirty-five people."
Submit sites having to do with the town of Yoakum, Texas. If the site is of broader interest, consider submitting it to the Counties:Lavaca or Counties:De Witt category.
"Yoakum is on the Lavaca-DeWitt county line. It was built on a league of land granted to John May by the government of Coahuila y Texas in 1835 and was used as a gathering ground for cattle to be driven up the Chisholm Trail... The May Tom-Tom Festival, which first publicized the tomato business, began in 1928, was suspended for five years in World War II, and resumed in 1946. The annual event now celebrates the local leather industry and is called the Leather Tom-Tom Festival"
Submit sites having to do with the town of Yorktown, Texas. If the site is of broader interest, consider submitting it to the Counties:DeWitt category.
"Yorktown is on State Highway 72 and Coleto Creek seventy-five miles east of San Antonio and thirty-six miles northwest of Victoria in southwestern DeWitt County.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc. Terms of Use
Last update: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:55:22 PM EST - edit