"Maple, on Farm Road 596 in southern Bailey County, was named for Maple Wilson, an early settler."
Submit sites for the community of Maple, which is in Bailey County. Sites for the abandoned community of Maple, which was in Red River County, should be submitted to the category for that county.
Matagorda is near the Colorado River mouth and East Matagorda and Matagorda bays, on State Highway 60 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe line in southern Matagorda County. The community was established after Stephen F. Austin secured permission in 1827 from the Mexican government to build a town to protect incoming settlers...After World War II Matagorda became a tourist and resort community. Plans for a jetty system at the Colorado mouth promised better fishing and recreation. In 1990 the population was 605, with some seven businesses.
Submit sites for the city of Matagorda, for Matagorda and East Matagorda Bays, and for the Matagorda Peninsula, to this category. Matagorda Island, Cavallo Pass, and Espiritu Santo Bay are in Calhoun County. Sites covering a broader area should be submitted to Counties:Matagorda or Counties:Calhoun.
Maxwell is a small community in Caldwell County.
Please note: Travel Agents, Tour Operators, Restaurants, Bars, and Wineries should be listed in the appropriate subcategory under Business and Economy.
"McCoy is in east central Atascosa County on Farm Road 541 and the Missouri Pacific line, eight miles north of Campbellton and eighteen miles southeast of Pleasanton."
There have been several communities called McCoy across the state of Texas. Please only submit sites here for the McCoy in Atascosa County. Sites for other communities can be submitted under their county.
Representing a smaller town in Archer County, Texas
Only submit pages from Megargel or the immediate surrounding locations (Westover, Springcreek etc.)
Small town northeast of Dallas.
Mesquite is located approximately 13 miles east of downtown Dallas. Current population is estimated at 127,780 as of January 2002.
The city is home to Big Town Mall, which was the first enclosed mall in Texas. Mesquite has received the Governor's Community Achievement Award, Texas Urban Forestry Award, and the National League of Cities Award of Excellence. It has also been designated a Tree City U.S.A. and a bird sanctuary.
This category is for websites specifically related to the city of Mesquite.
For websites related to a wider area, see the Dallas County category.
We prefer that you submit your site to a specific subcategory for this city. Failure to submit to the most specific appropriate category can delay the consideration of your submission.
Before submitting a site to any category, be sure to read its category description.
Please only submit official sites of travel and tourism entities in the Mexia area.
Includes all hobbies, sports and participatory recreational activities specific to Midlothian, including local recreation organizations.
Midway is located in Madison County, Texas.
"Montague, the county seat of Montague County, is on State highways 59 and 175, near the center of the county. It was established in 1858.... In 1990 the population was 400. The construction of State highways 59 and 175 through Montague to Farm roads 1886 and 455 enabled the county seat to maintain its position as a market center for area farmers and ranchers."
There is also a Montague (sometimes called Montague Village) in Coryell County, which is an adjunct of Ft. Hood. Submit sites for that Montague under Regional:North_America:United_States:Government:Military:Army:Installations:Fort_Hood,_Texas.
"Moore is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 81 and Farm Road 462 on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, thirteen miles northeast of Pearsall in north central Frio County. It is probably named for pioneer R. W. "Mustang" Moore, who, after an Indian raid in 1861, was found mortally wounded on the front porch of his cabin on Moore Hollow Creek, immediately west of the site of the present town. Tradition has it, however, that the community is named after an episode in which a weary, well-dressed train traveler arrived at the local depot and exclaimed that he could take "no more" of Texas, then went to a nearby ginyard and hanged himself."
City in Shackelford County with a population of 233 in the 2000 census.
"Morgan's Point, also known as Rightor's, Hunter's, and Clopper's Point, a resort and residential district, is twenty miles south of Houston at the junction of Buffalo Bayou and the San Jacinto River, at the northwestern extremity of Galveston Bay in southeastern Harris County... In the 1970s encroachment on the community by a nearby containerized shipping center prompted residents to campaign for preservation of the town's cemetery, city hall, and nineteenth-century homes."
Morgan Mill is small community in Erath County.
Murphy is a small, fast-growing community with a history that goes back to the early 1900's. Murphy is located in southeastern Collin county, situated midway between Plano and Wylie. Murphy is two miles south of the famous South Fork Ranch which was used in the filming of the television show "Dallas". Murphy shares borders with Plano, Richardson, Wylie, Sachse, Garland and Parker.
Murphy does not have its own school district instead utilizing Plano ISD, Wylie ISD, Richardson ISD and Garland ISD.
In 2007 development started on a new commercial/retail center at FM 544 and Murphy Road which includes a Lowe's hardware store, Sprouts natural grocery store and a Lifetime Fitness center all expected to open in 2008
Sites being submitted must represent the City of Murphy, it''s culture, environment, locality, businesses, organizations, or citizens. Businesses located in neighboring cities should be re-submitted to the correct city of the main office of the business.