This category is for area attractions and resources for those visiting the locality. Subjects include parks, attractions, hotels and motels, vacation rentals, camping and recreational vehicles, and travel guides.
If your site is not specifically geared towards this community, please submit to the proper category.
Submitting to the wrong category will delay and/or prevent your site from being listed in the directory.
When writing your site''s title please ensure it is the same as your organization.
When writing your site''s description, please tell what your site offers in a clear and concise statement without hype or promotional language.
Thank-you for your cooperation.
This category is for sites related to travel and tourism in Alexander, North Carolina. This includes directories, reservation services and individual web sites for temporary accommodations, primarily for travelers.
To improve your chances of a successful submission, please observe the following guidelines:"
- Submit each site only once.
- Submit only to the locality where the vacation rental is physically located.
- Use the following title format:
Individual Sites: Property Name or Property Address
Company Sites: Company Name
- Summarize the main features and the subject matter of your site in one or two short sentences or phrases.
- Proof your description for spelling and grammar errors before you click on submit.
Good Example: Sugar Cove Farms
Two log cabins with views of the mountains.
Site features virtual tour, rates, rental policies, and area attractions.
Poor Example: YOUR BEST SMOKY MOUNTAIN GETAWAY
Nestled in the heart of the lovely Smokies!
The most beautiful place in the world to relax. Close to the Biltmore Estate, Cherokee Casino, Blue Ridge Parkway, Nantahala River, Grandfather Mountain, and Asheville.
Visit us to see our PERFECT vacation retreat. No one can
beat our prices! See the best #1 views and much much more!!!!
Any of the following will delay the review process:
Please Note: Multiple submissions and other repeated attempts to circumvent the guidelines may lead to the banning of your site at the discretion of Dmoz Staff.
- Advertising hype
- Excessive use of caps
- Submitting to a locality (town) other than the one where the vacation rental is physically located
- Keyword stuffing
- Lack of verifiable address posted on the site