Submissions must be specific to Eastham, Massachusetts.Eastham was incorporated in 1651. It is a coastal resort community located in southeastern Massachusetts on Cape Cod. Eastham is bordered by Wellfleet on the north, the Atlantic Ocean on the east, Orleans on the south, and Cape Cod Bay on the west. Its total area is 27.26 square miles, of which land equals 13.99 square miles.
Submissions must relate specifically to Easthampton, Massachusetts, USA.
Before you suggest your site:
- The title should be the agency, business or organization name as it appears on your website.
- The description should be a brief summary of your website''s purpose or products and services. It may also include information about some features of the site.
- If your site''s locality is somewhere other than Easthampton, please select the appropriate Locality.
- If your site is for a business or organization that has multiple locations, please select the best County or Region category.
- If your site is not in English, please submit it to the most appropriate World category.
Easthampton is a city located in Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
It was first settled by European immigrants beginning in 1664 and was originally considered part of Northampton. In 1785, the village of Easthampton was formally named its own separate political entity, and twenty-four years later, it officially became a town and could be represented in the House.
The town grew primarily around the Manhan River, both through its phase as a strictly agricultural community and later, through the industrial revolution, when mills and factories were first built in Easthampton, mainly in connection with textile manufacturing and its offshoots.