Northeastern Illinois is dominated by the greater Chicago metropolitan area, and includes the counties of Boone
, and Will
The region is distinguished from the Chicago Metro Area by including Boone County and by excluding Kenosha County in Wisconsin and the Northwest Indiana region.
Please submit only sites for businesses with locations in more than one county of the Northeastern Illinois region or sites with general information about an area spanning more than one county of the region. Do not submit sites to these categories based on the area served by a business but rather by the physical location of the business.
Do not submit business sites to this category that meet the following criteria:
- Multiple locations within the same city should be submitted to the appropriate Illinois/Localities category.
- Locations in more than one city in the same county should be submitted to the appropriate Illinois/Counties category.
- Locations in more than one state but all confined to the Chicago metro area should be submitted to the Chicago Metro Area category.
- Businesses with locations inside the region as well as outside the region should be should be submitted to the state-level category (if confined to one state) or to the Midwest Region or higher level Regional categories if location exist in multiple states outside the Chicago Metro Area.
This category contains links related to arts and entertainment interests in Northeastern Illinois.
Please note that since much of Northeastern Illinois is nearly identical to the Chicago Metro Area
certain "arts and entertainment businesses" that are "come to you" type (such as, bands, artists and mobile dj's) are placed in the Chicago Metro Area category.
This category contains links to businesses that have two or more locations within multiple counties within the region.
A single location business will NOT be listed within the Northeastern Illinois category, and will be moved to its proper "brick and mortar" locality.
Serving the Northeastern Illinois area is not a qualification factor.
Service area of a business has NO bearing regarding entry to this category.
Businesses must met the following qualifications:
- Two or more "brick and mortar" locations.
- Locations must be in more than one county.
- No business location outside the region
Do NOT submit to this category if the business only has one "brick and mortar" location.
For single-location businesses, submit to the proper locality, city or village.
Improper submissions will cause significant delays.
Generally, few sites will be listed at this category. The main function of this category is to house @links to the individual college/university categories.
The Fox Valley region consists of the communities along the Fox River in eastern Kane county and western DuPage county. Elgin, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, and Aurora form the core of the region.
Includes links and county subcategories related to science and environmental issues and organizations within Northeastern Illinois.
Often included are the 'Forest Preserve District' sites.