Connecticut cities, towns and boroughs whose name begins with the letter G.

Note: If you do not find your town listed, perhaps it is because it is a village or district of an incorporated city or town. Try checking under Villages and Districts.

Glastonbury [Hartford County] Connecticut was set off from Wethersfield in June, 1692 and incorporated in May, 1693. Named from Glastonbury in Somersetshire.

Area, 52.3 sq. miles. Population, est., 28,832. Voting districts, 8. Principal industries, agriculture, business machines, insurance, poultry research and breeding, and manufacture of machine tools.

Glastonbury is considered to be a part of the Greater Hartford Metro Area.

Submissions must be specific to Glastonbury, Connecticut.
Goshen [Litchfield County] was named in 1738 from Goshen in Egypt. It was incorporated in 1739.

Total area, 45.2 sq. miles, Land area, 43.7 sq. miles. Population, 2000 Census, 2,697. Voting Districts, 1. Dairy community.

Submissions must specifically relate to Goshen, Connecticut.
Granby [Hartford County] Connecticut was incorporated from Simsbury in Oct. of 1786, and named from the Marquis of Granby (Chas. Manners); or from Granby, Massachusetts.

Area, 40.8 sq. miles. Population, est., 9,592. Voting districts, 2. Rural residential community with a variety of community retail, service and office commercial developments designed to meet the needs of the residential community.

Submissions must be specific to Granby, Connecticut.
Greenwich [Fairfield County] was settled by the English and named in 1640 from Greenwich, England. It was transferred from New York state to Connecticut in 1656. Its Native American name is "Patuquapaen".

Area, 76.7 sq. miles. Population, 2000 Census, 61,101. Voting districts, 12.

Greenwich includes the areas known as Old Greenwich, Cos Cob and Riverside.

Information submitted must relate specifically to Greenwich, Connecticut, or to the areas of Greenwich known as Old Greenwich, Cos Cob and Riverside.
Griswold [New London County] was incorporated from Preston in 1815 and named from Governor Roger Griswold.

Area, 37.1 sq. miles. Population, est., 10,509. Voting districts, 2. Principal industries, warehousing, agriculture and poultry farming, machine products, wire and cable.

Griswold includes the area known as Jewett City.

Information submitted must relate specifically to Griswold, Connecticut, or to the area of Griswold known as Jewett City.
Groton [New London County] was incorporated from New London in 1705 and named from the English home town of Governor John Winthrop.

Area, 45.2 sq. miles. Population, est., 41,284. Voting districts, 9. Principal industries, construction of submarines, precision castings, shipbuilding, and manufacture of pharmaceuticals, piers and bridge work, bricks and blocks.

Groton includes West Mystic, Noank, Groton Long Point, the U.S. Navy Submarine Base and part of Old Mystic and Mystic.

Information submitted must relate specifically to Groton, Connecticut, or to the areas of Groton known as Noank and Groton Long Point.
Guilford [New Haven County] was settled in 1639 and named from Guildford parish in Surrey on July 6, 1643. Its Native American name is "Menunkatuck."

Total area, 49.7 sq. miles, Land area, 47.1 sq. miles. Population, est., 21,782. Voting districts, 4. Principal industries, agriculture and manufacturing.

Submissions must be specific to Guilford, Connecticut.