- South Brent, population 3000, is to the north of the A38 expressway, between Buckfastleigh and Ivybridge.
- with Avonwick across the A38 south east, and Ugborough to the south.
- Dartmoor is to the north, and the parish of South Brent is included in the Dartmoor National Park.
- The parish is administered by South Hams District Council, and is separated from the Teignbridge
- parish of Widecombe-in-the-Moor, by the parishes of Holne, West Buckfastleigh and Dean Prior.
- (Until there are sufficient websites for their own categories, websites for these South Hams parishes are included here)
- The parish of South Brent includes the hamlet of Rattery, east of the A38, and north of the A385, and Harbourne River,
- east of Dartington.
- Please suggest websites to this category only if they show an address in, or are devoted entirely to the parish of
- South Brent, including the area bounded by and including Aish, Harbourneford, Lutton, Rattery and Wrangaton.
- Those corresponding to parishes of Holne, West Buckfastleigh and Dean Prior. north of South Brent may also be suggested here.
- Those south of the A38 should be suggested to a sub-category of Avonick or Ugborough.
- Those corresponding to north of Dartmeet should be considered for Princetown,
- otherwiise consider suggesting the website to a sub-category at county level.
Topics include architecture, art, dance, music, photography, theatre, performing arts venues, museums, galleries, libraries, movies, and cultural events.
Please note that the websites of some businesses related to arts and entertainment are listed elsewhere. When the technical or commercial aspect is seen to overshadow the creative side, as with recording studios, production companies, and stores selling recorded music or cameras, the sites are listed in the Business and Economy category instead of the Arts and Entertainment category.
This category is for websites that are related exclusively to business and economic activities with an address in the area, including individual businesses and institutions and professional bodies. Businesses which also have branches in other localities should be submitted to a category which includes all of those localities, for example Devon. Businesses related to travel and tourism, including accommodation, should be submitted to the Travel and Tourism category.
Topics include hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, physicians, dentists, opticians, chiropractors, psychologists, counsellors, and providers of alternative medicine services. The category also includes organizations focused on specific conditions and diseases, as well as providers of living accommodations for those with health-related conditions. Quite often most, or even all, of the sites in a category are those of health practitioners or institutions. Yet these categories are also appropriate for related sites, such as educational programs, professional and trade organizations, and media articles.
This category includes sites for area attractions and resources for those travelling in the county, including tourist guides.