This category contains mainly sites whose primary focus is to allow Swiss consumers to select and obtain goods and services from their own home. Common examples include:
- Integrated online shopping-cart systems that allow the user to order directly over the Web
- Systems that allow the user to generate an order form to be sent to the merchant via fax or snail-mail
- Simple directories of products and prices that the user can order via mail or phone.
The key is that the site contains three elements: (1) lists of products for sale, (2) prices and (3) information on how the consumer can obtain the product from their own home.
This category also lists chains of stores which have a real, physical presence, and which have branches throughout the country. If the chain offers distance ordering as defined above, it is listed in the appropriate subcategory. If the chain does not offer distance ordering of any kind, it is listed in the Stores subcategory.
Following these guidelines will allow us to add your site to the directory as quickly as possible.
- Find the single most appropriate category for your site. With few exceptions, sites are listed in the directory in one category only.
- Submit your site using your main URL. With few exceptions, we do not deep-link sites in Shopping.
- Use your site''s actual title.
- Create a brief description, under 25 words, listing the current content of your site (not the future content), including your company''s real-world location.
- Do not use first person verbiage (we, our, us).
- Don''t use marketing verbiage. (We''re the best!, Most awesome site, Check it Out!, the UK''s first) Marketing verbiage is removed.
- Sites which are mirrors of other sites or that redirect to another site will not be listed. Only the main site will be listed.
- Sites that are affiliates or lists of affiliate links that do not contain original content will not be listed.
- Sites which are gateways or splash pages to affiliate sites will not be added.
- Sites which are not particularly relevant to the UK will not be listed.
- Sites which are mainly advertising for a local store and that do not offer on-line shopping should be submitted to the appropriate Cantons category.
- All sites are reviewed periodically. Sites in the directory are subject to changes in placement, description and possible removal from the directory, based on this review.
All sites submitted are reviewed by the directory''s editors. Sites are listed by the site''s actual title, followed by a brief description, including the company''s real-world location as listed on the site. This description will be based on the information you provide and the review of the Website. Sites will be placed in the single most applicable and highest category based on our review. Sites which are continually submitted to the directory, using either a main URL, mirrors or sub-pages, will be banned.