Lop Buri is located on the east side of the Chao Phraya river valley, between the Lopburi River and Pa Sak Rivers. 30% of the area of the province, including most of Tha Wung district, the southwestern parts of Mueang Lopburi and Ban Mi districts are a very low alluvial plain. The rest 70% is intermixed between plains and hills, with the Phetchabun Mountains form the eastern boundary of the province towards the Khorat Plateau.