Please submit only sites relating to Ahmednagar district.This district is named after the city of Ahmednagar. Ahmednagr is situated on the banks of the Sina River. Founded in 1490, it was the capital of a kingdom that lasted until 1600. Sivaji, leader of the Marathas, was born in Ahmadnagar.
Please submit only sites relating to Akola district.This district is named after the city of Akola. Akola City is located in the north central part of Maharashtra on the banks of Murna River and it is an important district in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra State. An important road and rail junction in the Tapti River valley, it is a commercial trading center chiefly in cotton. Akola is an important educational center with several colleges affiliated with the University of Nagpur. It is surrounded by Amravati district in the north, Amravati and Yavatmal districts in the east, Parbhani and parts of Yavatmal districts in the South and Buldhana district in the West.
Please submit only sites relating to Amravati district.Amaravati is situated right in the center of the northern border of the Maharashtra State. Amaravati meaning "abode of immortals" may be traced with the association of Lord Krishna. It lies mainly in the Tapi basin with only some of its parts on the eastern border lying in the valley of Wardha.
Please submit only sites relating to Aurangabad district.This district is named after the city of Aurangabad. The capital city of the then Marathwada region, it is the take off point for tours to the famous cave temples of Ajanta and Ellora. It is now a major industrial center of Maharashtra.
Please submit only sites relating to Bhandara district.The district is bounded on the N., NE. and E. by lofty hills, inhabited by Gonds and other aboriginal tribes, while the W. and N.W. are comparatively open. Small branches of the Satpura range make their way into the interior of the district. The Ambagarh or Sendurjhari hills, which skirt the south of the Chandpur pargana, have an average height of between 300 and 400 ft. above the level of the plain. The other elevated tracts are the Balahi hills, the Kanheri hills and the Nawegaon hills. The Wainganga is the principal river in the district.
Please submit only sites relating to Bid district.This category lists web sites relating to Bid district. The only Peacock sanctuary in Maharashtra is situated in Beed district, which has remained a pilgrimage destination for centuries. Jyotirling of Parli-Vaijnath and Yogeshwari temple of Ambejogai are among the most famous in the country.
Please submit only sites relating to Buldhana district.Buldhana district is bounded in the north by the Nirmur district of Madhya Pradesh , in the east by Akola district, in south by Parbhani district and in the west by Aurangabad and Jalgaon district. The district lies partly in the Tapi basin and partly in the Godavari basin.
Please submit only sites relating to Chandrapur district.This district is named after the town of Chandrapur. Chandrapur is on the banks of the Irar River. Chandrapur is near the Wardha valley coalfields. A wall that acts as a flood barrier surrounds the town. It was the capital of the Gond kingdom (12th–18th cent.). The tombs of the Gond kings and several temples are in the town.
Please submit only sites relating to Dhule district.This district is named after the town of Dhule. The district of Dhule in Maharashtra was divided on 1st July 1998 to form two new districts- Dhule and Nandurbar. Dhule is situated on the banks of the Panjhra River.
Please submit only sites relating to Gadchiroli district.The Gadchiroli district was carved out on 26th August 1982 by the division of erstwhile Chandrapur district. It is situated in north-eastern Maharashtra.
Please submit only sites relating to Gondia district.This category lists web sites relating to Gondia district. The district is named after the town of Gondia.
Please submit only sites relating to Hingoli district.This is one of the youngest districts of Maharashtra. Aundha Nagnath Jyotirling temple, considered a fine specimen of Hemadpanthi style is in this district. This district is famed for its production of jowar and cotton.
Please submit only sites relating to Jalgaon district.This district is named after the town of Jalgaon. Jalgaon located in the northwest region of Maharashtra State is an agrarian city, which lies north of Nasik (also spelt as Nashik), bounded in the north by Satpuda range, in South by Ajanta range, in the west by Dhulia district and in the East by Buldhana district. The World famous Ajanta caves are situated very near from Jalgaon station - 50-km by road.
Please submit only sites relating to Jalna district.Jalna was formerly a part of Nizam State. This district was part of erstwhile Aurangabad district and was formed on 1st May 1982, by carving out Jalna, Bhokardan, Jafrabad, Ambad tahsils of Aurangabad district and Partur tahsil of Parbhani district. The district is located in the central part of Maharashtra state in Marathvada region. The boundaries of Jalna district are Parbhani and Buldhana on east, Aurangabad on west, Jalgaon on north and Beed on south. The district head quarter is at Jalna.
Please submit only sites relating to Kolhapur district.Kolhapur district is the southernmost district of Maharashtra. Its headquarter is Kolhapur which is an ancient city. The city is situated on the banks of river Panchganga and is known as 'Dakshin Kashi'. Kolhapur is seat of goddess Mahalaxmi and is one of the Shaktipeeths mentioned in Indian mythology. Silaharas, Yadavas, Rashtrakutas and Chalukyas ruled Kolhapur in the medieval times.
Please submit only sites relating to Latur district.Latur is a district in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra. It was carved out of the Osmanabad district on 16-8-1982. Latur District is in south-eastern Maharashtra.
Please submit only sites relating to Nagpur district.This district is named after the city of Nagpur. Nagpur is located in northeastern part of Maharashtra State, and is almost at the geographical center of India. The zero milestone of India is in this city. Bakht Buland, a Gond Raja (king), founded Nagpur in the early eighteenth century; it became the capital of the Bhonsles of the Maratha confederacy. In 1817 it came under British influence, in 1853 it lapsed into British control, and in 1861 became the capital of the Central Provinces. Nagpur was the capital of Madhya Pradesh State till 1956 before it became a part of Maharashtra State.
Please submit only sites relating to Nandurbar district.The district of Dhule in Maharashtra was divided on 1st july 1998 to form two new districts-Dhule and Nandurbar. Nandurbar, Navapur, Akkalkuwa, Taloda, Akrani, and Shahada talukas fall in Nandurbar district. The district headquarters is Nandurbar. Boundaries: New Dhule district is to the south of Nandurbar, Gujarat State is to the west, the States of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are to the north and to the east lies Madhya Pradesh and Dhule district.
Please submit only sites relating to Nashik district.This district is named after the city of Nashik. Nashik is one of the most important cities of Northern Maharashtra The River Godavari flows through the city. Temples and ghats on the banks of Godavari have made Nashik one of the holiest places for Hindus.
Please submit only sites relating to Dharashiv district.Osmanabad District is the area round the city of Osmanabad. It has sometimes been known as Dharashiv.
Please submit only sites relating to Parbhani district.Parbhani, earlier also known as Prabhavatinagar is one of the seven districts in the Marathawada region. This entire Marathwada region, a district geographical region, was a part of the erstwhile Nizam State; later a part of Hyderabad State; after reorganization of states in 1956 it became of part of the then Bombay state; and from 1960 onwards it is part of the present Maharashtra state.
Please submit only sites relating to Raigad district.This district is named after the fort of Raigad. This is the very heart of Maratha country -- Raigad, the capital of Shivaji's kingdom. Strategically perched atop a wedge-shaped block of hill, split off from the Western Ghats and inaccessible from three sides. It was here that Shivaji built his capital city in the 14th century, and here that he crowned himself Chhatrapati. For six years till his death, Raigad remained the capital of the Marathas with its broad gates and magnificent monuments. There was only one pathway leading to the top, and prizes were offered to those who scaled the fort through unconventional methods. Though parts of Raigad are in ruins, yet they inspire an aura of grandeur.
Please submit only sites relating to Ratnagiri district.Ratnagiri is located in the southwestern part of Maharashtra State on the Arabian Sea coast. Ratnagiri became the administrative capital under the Bijapur rulers. It forms a part of the greater tract known as Konkan. This tract is historically famous for it long coastline and convenient harbours, together with it comparative nearness to the Arabian Sea.
Please submit only sites relating to Sangli district.This district is named after the town of Sangli. Sangli city is located in the southern part of the Maharashtra State, and lies along the Krishna River, east of Kolhapur, on the Pune -Bangalore railway. Sangli was the capital (1761-1947) of the former Sangli State.
Please submit only sites relating to Satara district.Satara district is located in the western part of Maharashtra. It is bounded by Pune district to the north, Solapur district to the east, Sangli district to the south, and Ratnagiri district to the west. Raigad district lies to its north-west. Geographical location: North Latitude 17° 5’ to 18° 11' East Longitude 73° 33’ to 74° 54'
Please submit only sites relating to Solapur district.This district is named after the city of Solapur. Solapur is an ancient historical and religious place in the state of Maharashtra, India. Now, an important industrial city, Solapur is a leading center for cotton mills and power looms. Solapur bed-sheets have earned fame and reputation for their novel designs and durability. The chief deity of the city is Shri Siddeshwar.
Please submit only sites relating to Thane district.Thane is located to the north east of Mumbai. This district lies in the northwest of Maharashtra state. Arabian sea is to the west, while Gujarat and Nagar Haveli territory are to the north. Thane city is the district headquarters of Thane district. Thane's original name was Sristhanaka named after Lord Ganpati as the word means the residence of Lord Ganesh. Geographically, forming part of the Konkan lowlands, it comprises the wide amphitheater like basin of the Ulhas and the hilly Vaitarna valley together with plateaus skirting the Sahyadrian scarp. The rivers of the district mainly belong to two river streams of the North Konkan, namely the Ulhas and the Vaitarna, both draining the rainy western slopes of the Sahyadri that lie between the Bhor and the Thal Ghats.
Please submit only sites relating to Wardha district.This district is named after the town of Wardha. Wardha was part of the Nagpur District until 1862 under the British, when it was made a separate charge. The District headquarters were first located at Kaotha, near Pulgaon, but in 1866 they were removed to their present site, and the town of Wardha, named after the river, was built on the ground occupied by the hamlet of Palakwadi.
Please submit only sites relating to Washim district.This district is named after the town of Washim. This is a district in the Vidarbha region. The area enjoyed eminence when Vakataka dynasty was ruling, and Washim (then known as Vatsagulma) was the seat of power. The town with Hemmad-style temples constructed in and around it, continued to enjoy prominence amidst rise and fall of dynasties, ascent of Mughals and even the arrival British Raj. It was an important town.
Please submit only sites relating to Yavatmal district.The Yavatmal District is located in the eastern region (Vidharba) of the Maharashtra state of India. Yavatmal, the name of district is said to be originated from Yeota, chief town of a pargana and the termination is either the word 'mal' or a 'hill 'or a corruption of mahal.