In the first millennium A.D., Armenia was a kingdom in Anatolia, or eastern Turkey. Recurring military and cultural encroachment, especially absorption into the Soviet bloc in the early 20th century, have encouraged Armenian emigration to every part of the world. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, Armenia became part of the Commonwealth of Independent States. The country is located in the Southern Caucasus, bordering Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Total Area: 29,800 sq km
This category is for sites emanating from and relating to the Republic of Armenia.
Sites in Armenian should be submitted to World/Armenian.
Sites belonging to businesses operating outside Armenia, with no offices in that country should not be submitted to this category, but to the relevant regional category.
Sites about Armenian communities, associations, organizations from outside Armenia should be submitted to the relevant sub-categories under Society/Ethnicity/Armenian.
Before you submit your site please take the time to look around and review the guidelines below. Following these guidelines will speed the acceptance of your site and significantly reduce the chances of its rejection.
The editors reserve the right not to list your site, and to delete it after its addition. Multiple submissions, especially to inappropriate categories, will not be tolerated.
Finding the Proper Location for Your Site:
- Conduct a search of the Open Directory for a few keywords that relate to your site. The search results will serve up listings of different categories. Go to those categories and determine which one is appropriate for your site.
- Be sure to review the sub-category descriptions, if available, to determine whether your site is appropriate to that category or sub-category.
- Review the site descriptions of the entries in the category to which you intend to submit. Prepare your description in advance. Please do not just send us your META description.
Guidelines for submitting sites:
- Do not type in all capitals.
- Do not include a list of keywords.
- Do not include your products.
- Do not write a sales pitch.
- The description should be a brief summary of the site''s content and company activities if applicable.
- The description should be in English and in coherent sentence form.
- Do not include superlatives.
- Do not submit a list of keywords.
- Do not use unnecessary capitalization, or include HTML tags.
- Do not include the category name or the complete title.
- Submit to only ONE category.
- Submit to the best category possible.
- The Regional: Asia: Armenia: "Provinces" hierarchy.
- If your site relates only to a specific administrative subdivision in Armenia or if the physical location of your company is only in one or two provinces, you should submit to the appropriate province or locality categories. The Web sites of companies present in several provinces should be submitted to the appropriate sub-categories at the country level. Doing so will speed up the process of your submission and increase the possibility of your site being accepted.
This category includes sites covering the business and economic activities in the Republic of Armenia, including listings of companies and industries.
Sites in this category should be in the English language. Please submit Armenian language sites to World/Armenian/Գործարարություն
Listed in Embassies and Consulates
categories are entities such as Embassies, Consulates, High Commissions, Permanent Representatives and de facto
equivalents. Information on their formatting, and on the arrangement of related categories, can be found in the FAQ
of Society: Government: Embassies and Consulates