The Ask an Expert: Education Category is for websites that allow users to submit their own questions for answers, specifically related to education. While archives of useful answers and information are useful, in order to get listed in this category, there must be a live human answering questions, not just a search engine or computer.
In addition, this category is for sites that provide this human service free of charge. Answers that are available for a fee should be listed in Ask an Expert: For a Fee. Businesses, including tutors and homework help services, that are trying to promote their services should be listed according to their industry and/or geography. Forums also are not appropriate for this category, and should be submitted to the relevant subject category, as they are a different type of site and have a different function.
Again, we ONLY want web sites where you can submit questions to a pool of experts and have them supply an answer.
Please read these guidelines carefully, as submitting your site to the wrong category will most likely prevent your site from getting listed in the ODP.
Sites that are good candidates for the Ask an Expert: Education category will have the following characteristics:
1. An easily accessible interface for users to submit their questions.
2. Human experts who will answer the question.
Sites that will not be accepted to Ask an Expert: Education:
1. Sites that provide information, but not directly in response to user questions.
2. Site that provide answers to questions in many topics.
3. Sites that provide answers or advice for a fee.
4. Sites that are promoting a specific business.
The category is NOT for Homework Help sites or sites that have more advice topics than just education.