Manufactured between 1961 and 1974, the Jaguar E-Type (also known as the XKE) became a motoring icon, offering style and performance at a much lower cost than its competitors. In all, more than 70,000 examples were built.
Three distinct versions of the E-Type were created: the Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3. All versions were available as both a Fixed Head Coupe, and a convertible. In 1966 a 2+2 longer wheelbase version of the Coupe was released.
Powered initially by a 3.8-litre 6-cylinder engine, later cars were to use the 5.3-litre V12 engine.
A racing variant of the car was produced between 1963 and 1964. Referred to as the "Lightweight E-Type", aluminium was used extensively throughout the car to reduce weight, and power came from a tuned version of the 6-cylinder engine.
Official and unofficial sites are welcome as are personal sites devoted to the Jaguar E-Type (XKE). Auto dealership sites should be submitted to the proper location in Regional
. Dealership links will NOT be listed anywhere in Recreation/Autos.
If your site is selling products online, please submit your site to the proper subcategory of Shopping/Vehicles/Autos
. Such sites will NOT be listed anywhere in Recreation/Autos.
Following these guidelines will allow us to add your site to the directory quickly.
- Submit your site using your main url.
- Use your site''s actual title.
- Create a brief description. (under 25 words)
- Do not use first person verbiage (we, our, us).
- Please don''t use verbiage such as #1 Site!, Check us out!, Best site on the Net! This type of verbiage is removed.
- Sites which are gateways or splash pages to affiliate sites will not be added.
- All sites are reviewed periodically.
- Sites in the directory are subject to changes in placement, description and possible removal from the directory, based on this review.
All sites submitted are reviewed by the directory''s editors. Sites are listed by the sites actual title, followed by a brief description. This description will be based on the information you provide and our review of the website. Sites will be placed in the single most applicable and highest category based on our review.
Sites which are continually submitted to the directory, using either a main url or sub-pages, will be banned.
We don''t list affiliate sites. It does the surfer no service to list hundreds of sites which all go to the same service.