The Marketing and Advertising
category comprises site links to agencies and individuals which offer advertising and marketing services focused on the construction and maintenance industry
sector engaged in one or more of the following:
- Advertising in print, broadcast, interactive, or other media
- Branding and corporate identity design
- Creation and distribution of promotional items
- Internet marketing strategy and analysis
- Collection and analysis of market research
- Public relations activities
- Training and development of sales representatives
from this category are:
Sites generally not listed in the Business category:
- Online shopping: Sites that exist primarily to sell goods and services directly to the consumer should be listed in the Shopping category. See the Shopping category description for more detail.
- Commercial sites (particularly "dot.coms") whose main purpose is to provide information and resources to the consumer, as an end-user of the product or services (e.g. Google, ConsumerSearch.com, XML.com, MP3.com, etc.)
- Sites that focus on providing information to consumers are listed under Home: Consumer Information. See the Consumer Information FAQ for more information.
- Local businesses: sites for companies serving a very limited geographic area -- like a single state (or equivalent), city or metro area -- should be submitted to the Regional category.