the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Sociology
Sociology of Religion
Sociology of Soccer
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Science: Social Sciences: Criminology
Science: Social Sciences: Demography and Population Studies
This category in other languages:
- SocioSite is a multi-purpose guide for sociologists. Includes useful links to sites around the world. Based in the Netherlands.
- Features history, research links, and contact information.
- Features comparative resource tools, public intellectuals links and details on developers.
Astrosociology Research Institute (ARI)
- Presents 'astrosociology' as a developing sociological area of study. Offers history, resources, links and membership details.
- The Boekman Foundation is a centre where information about arts and cultural policy is collected and disseminated. It covers the areas of policy-forming and all aspects of implementation. Bilingual en/nl.
- Contains forums, syllabus material, sample essays, newsletter and links.
Commission for Applied and Clinical Sociology
- Established by the Society for Applied Sociology and the Sociological Practice Association to develop, promote and support quality sociological education and practice in applied and clinical areas. Michigan State University.
Courses In Applied Social Surveys (CASS)
- Program of short courses in applied social surveys run by the Southampton Statistical Sciences Research Institute (S3RI) at the University of Southampton. Aims to strengthen skills in survey design and analysis in the social science research community.
Craig Robertson - Music and Conflict Transformation
- Features blog entries, archives and list of links. Located at the University of Exeter, UK.
Cultural Studies Study Group (CSSG)
- Popular culture, youth culture British literature, and media studies.
Developmental Idealism Studies
- Features projects, publications, listing of academics, links and contact information.
- Features comprehensive listing of substantive areas of study, key concepts and theories.
Free Resources for Program Evaluation and Social Research Methods
- Provides links to manuals, on line guides, 'how to' books, survey methods, interviewing, observation, statistics and free statistical software.
GERN - European Research Group into Norms
- 40 research institutions from 11 European countries focusing on crime, criminology, sociology and prevention.
Guide to Questionnaires and Surveys
- Contains explanations on how to create surveys and questionnaires. Articles cover attitude and ethics, the behaviour of groups and populations, data collection, lists and sampling. Created by a Granby Cegep Professor located in Granby, Quebec, Canada.
Human Sciences Research Council
- Specializes in humanities and social sciences research. Includes research material in various formats.
The Internet Sociologist
- A free "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for sociologists, written by Stuart Macwilliam, Library and Information Services, University of Exeter. It is one of a set tutorials within the RDN Virtual Training Suite, created by subject-specialists from universities and professional organisations across the UK.
Introduction to Social Theory
- Course syllabus and lectures by Paul Gingrich of the University of Regina Department of Sociology and Social Studies. Covers work of Marx, Durkheim, Weber, Mead, and 20th century theorists.
LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Sociology
- A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Sociology Journals; Sociology-related catalogs of scientific search engines; additional starting points and sites of special interest.
- Contains U.S. city male to female ratio compiled from census data.
Networks of Civil Society Organizations in Latin America
- Features research database, details on the project and contact information. Co-sponsored by the University of Miami, University of Maryland and the Ford Foundation.
Po Bronson's Blog
- Author Po Bronson, author of "Why Do I Love These People?" weblogs about family issues and statistics about families.
Progressive Sociology Network
- PSN is a moderated list devoted to the examination of issues of theoretical and political importance to sociologists.
The Question Bank
- The Centre for Applied Social Surveys [CASS] Question Bank (Qb) is a store of complete UK social survey questions, questionnaires and response forms.
- Contains useful resources for researchers interested in social capital and in its relationship with economic development. The website is edited by Fabio Sabatini, of the University of Rome La Sapienza.
Social Network Analysis
- Features an undergraduate course with an on-line text book and bibliographical resources.
- Database of questions and the statistical information derived from replies, created by means of answers given by voluntary Internet users.
- Julian Dierkes' comprehensive guide to sociology on-line
- Sociology resources in English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
A Sociological Tour Through Cyberspace
- Essays, data analyses, and links on sociologies of knowledge, death, aging, family, time, and inequality.
- Topical index and dictionary with leads to abstracts, bibliography, syllabus and journals, including sociology departments around the world.
- Sociology web site offering free resources for Sociology teachers and students.
Sociology of Ignorance Website
- Features news, calls for proposals, conferences, resources, and links.
- An independent guide to sociological resources on the Internet.
Stanford Center for the Study of Poverty and Inequality
- SCSPI aims to foster basic and applied research on social, economic, and cultural inequalities. Provides details of programs, publications, news, events, key issues and trend data.
- Media studies and gender studies with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyber culture, role models, and critical theory. Produced by Dr David Gauntlett, University of Leeds, UK.
This Week in Sociology
- Features suggested readings and past articles and offers authors the opportunity to submit writings.
Understanding the World Today
- Reports about global social, political, economic and demographic changes. Links to theory, research, data and free software.
University of Kentucky: Guide to Library Resources
- Offers links and academic resources.
University of Kentucky: MGT 780, Social Network Analysis
- Features PhD course syllabus, resources, news, blog and contact information.
- Offers origins, description of the problematic, outreach, media links and resources.
Wadsworth's Virtual Society
- Site dedicated to the academic world of sociology and social science in general. Site accompanies the book The Practice of Social Research.
WWW Virtual Library: Evaluation
- Information gateway for the field of Social Policy.
Yale Library Resources: Sociology
- Offers categorized academic resources.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 14:24:11 UTC -