become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sledding/Sled_Dog_Racing
Sled Dog Racing
Open Directory - Sports: Winter Sports: Sledding: Sled Dog Racing
Recreation: Pets: Dogs: Activities: Dog Sledding
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Entertainment and Sports: Racing
Sports: Winter Sports: Ski Joring
This category in other languages:
Allegro Siberian's Mushing Skijoriing Information
- General information and links for mushing, skijoring, sleddog races, and rescue work. With links to winter recreation with Siberian Huskies.
British Siberian Husky Racing Association
- Calendar and results, plus links to loads of husky related sites
Dog Sled Racing - Ontario
- Raven's Watch Dog Sled Tours helps individuals enter a sled dog race.
Dog Sledding at Hiker Central
- Well sorted dog sledding resources.
Dogsledding in the Boundary Waters
- Mushers and dog sledding adventures in Northeastern Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA). Information also available on the areas events and races.
- Dog sled rides in Vermont, wilderness adventures 20 miles north of Stowe.
Fairbanks Junior Dog Mushers' Association
- A junior mushing club located in Fairbanks, Alaska that holds races and other events for Junior Mushers during the winter.
- 1000 km non-stop running through the Arctic winter. The northernmost sled dog racing in the world, under North Cape, Norway. Qualifying event for the Iditarod.
ISDRA Home Page
- Official site of the International Sled Dog Racing Association
ISLANDIS Greenland's dog team
- Photographs, Greenland dog FCI standard, race calendars, and results.
- Inuit sled dog race on the Hudson Coast, from Umiujaq to Puvirnituq, passing through Inukjuak.
John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
- Annual event in which teams with up to 14 dogs race up Lake Superior's North Shore in northeastern Minnesota. Two races: a mid-distance, and a 400-mile marathon are held in early February. History of the race, volunteer needs, information on events, and biographies of participants.
- Mid distance race in Alaska. Includes race tracker, historical records, musher information, trail report, rules, press packet, photographs, weather and map.
Lance Mackey's Comeback Kennel
- Championship distance mushing kennel, winner of Iditarod, Yukon Quest and other major races. Includes photographs, information about races and history.
Mikrotime Sled-Dog Results 1995-1999
- Results for British sled dog events.
Muktuk Kennels and Sled Dog Tours
- An introduction to racing world of Frank Turner and Muktuk Kennels. Frank is the only musher to have entered the Quest every year since its inception in 1984. Race information, maps, trail notes and results. Also information on wilderness tours with Frank and his Alaskan huskies, and our summer activities.
Mush With P.R.I.D.E.
- P.R.I.D.E. stands for "Providing Responsible Information on a Dog's Environment." Supports the responsible care and humane treatment of all dogs and is dedicated to enhancing the care and treatment of sled dogs in their traditional and modern uses.
Mushing Boot Camp
- 3-day intensive clinic training sled dogs. Also a 1-day pull training clinic. Taught by experienced mushers and dog trainers. What to bring, typical schedule, profiles of the instructors, testimonials, and registration.
- Home page for Mushing Magazine, a bi-monthly publication that features articles on dog training and care, as well as tips for the mushers themselves on how to prepare for not only races but for, say, the unexpected blizzard. There are several archived articles available on-line, plus information needed to backorder issues and merchandise.
Retired Sled Dogs
- Offers retired sled dogs, or submit one. Recreational mushers teams created.
Sibenah Siberian Huskies /Sled-dogs
- Loving, Importing and Selectively Breeding and Racing in Canberra, Australia.
Siberian Husky sled dogs in Denmark
- Information about two Siberian Husky sled dogs in Denmark and their Siberian Huskly family and friends. General information, sled dogs in Denmark, and FAQs on huskies.
Sled Dogs and Mushers
- The Crooked Creek Observer uses musher interviews and photos to detail the love the mushers feel toward both their dogs and the sport. Details sport's beginnings and growth as well as the not-so-positive sides.
The Village of Mushers
- News and information about this sport. Races, updates, clothes, equipment, sleds, dogs, kennels, pictures, wallpapers, programmes.
Dog Sled Races Headed Our Way
- Article on Montana's top sled dog race, The Race to the Sky. (January 14, 1999)
Sled Dog Racing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 16:54:05 UTC -