become an editor
the entire directory
only in Swimming_and_Diving/Open_Water
Swimming and Diving
Sports: Multi-Sports: Triathlon
Sports: Water Sports: Swimming and Diving: Events
ACNEG. Asociacion de cruce a nado del Estrecho de Gibraltar. Tarifa,Cadiz
- Governing association for swims across the Strait of Gibraltar. Rules, application, honor list one way and two way, GPS tracking, and advice on attempting the swim.
British Long Distance Swimming Association
- Reports on events, a calendar of swims, advice for preparation and training for long distance events, links, and a photo gallery.
Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Volunteer, non-profit governing organization for swims across the Catalina Channel. Applications for solo and relay swims, information and success stories.
Channel Swimming and Piloting Federation
- One of two governing associations for official English Channel solo swims.
Channel Swimming Association (CSA)
- One of two governing body of official solo swims of the English Channel. Includes records, history, FAQs, news, and shopping regalia.
- Contain extensive explanatory articles for open water and pool swimmers. Articles on cold water swimming, equipment reviews and open water swimming and swim reports. Also occasional swimming news and commentary on open water swimming issues.
Manhattan Island Foundation
- Sponsors of the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, Great Hudson River Swim, Little Red Lighthouse Swim and the Wrong Way Swim. Collection of articles related to open water swimming, training tips, and information on braving the English Channel.
Marathon and Solo Swims
- Containing information on English Channel solo marathon swims, Lake Ontario swims, St Mary's Silver Dolphins swimming club, some British Long Distance Swimming Association links, and links to various swimming sites and organisations.
Marathon Swimmers Federation
- Marathon swimming rules, hosted swimming blgs, resources, guidelines, discusion forum and social networking for the global community of marathon swimmers and aspiring marathon swimmers and others interested in the sport.
- Includes worldwide event details and contact information. Organised open water racing in Australia, overseas swim holidays and swim shop.
Open Water Swimming
- Long distance ocean and dam swimming in South Africa, includes events, news and information on Robben Island crossings and historic Cape roundings.
River and Lake Swimming Association
- Has safety advice, essays, reviews of swimming places, a message board and links to clubs. The Association promotes swimming in natural bodies of water.
Sandycove Island Swimming Club
- Irish open water swimming club. News and notification of events
Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Governing association for marathon swims in the Santa Barbara Channel since 2006. Applications, swim routes, planning, fees, rules, FAQ, Live GPS tracking, Members & Roll of Honor.
- Open water swim history of marathon swimmer Ted Erikson (Lake Michigan/English Channel) and pioneer swimming dog Umbra (Bosporous/Dardanelles). Includes long distance links.
- Dave Galli's quest to swim across the Catalina Channel in 2008 to raise money for ALS research.
- An open water swimming operator organising trips in the UK and across the world. Trips, events, news and general information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 11, 2015 at 5:15:05 UTC -