become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canoeing_and_Kayaking/Building
Canoeing and Kayaking
Plans and Kits
This category in other languages:
Building a Redwood Canoe - Strippers Guide
- Details photographs, instructions, tips and troubleshooting for constructing a redwood canoe. Also includes related links.
Chris' Canoe Project: Building a Freedom 17 Canoe
- Chronicles the construction of a cedar-strip canoe with detailed comments and pictures. Includes boatbuilding links.
Dave's Kayak Building
- Details of building a Chesapeake LT17, a 17 foot sea kayak.
Doug's Boat Page
- All about building kayaks and native boat technology. Includes an introduction to boatbuilding, freeware and shareware boatbuilding software, free boat plans, pictures, and related resources.
Ferwerda Wood and Canvas Canoes
- Includes photos and build records of several canoes, particularly the Hiawatha model built on an original Thompson Brothers form. Also features weight comparison for wood and canvas construction versus modern materials, tips for building a seat with a mast ring, and photos of a canoe rigged up for sailing.
Greybeard Canoes and Kayaks
- A step-by-step account of building a cedar-strip canoe
Kayak Building WebRing
- Connects sites related to building wooden kayaks.
Kayak Building Workshop
- Focuses on building sea kayak using traditional Inuit methods in Nunavut, Canada.
Ken's Temporary Kayak Pages
- Information on how building Euro and Greenland paddles, wood strip kayak construction, glassing, and extensive photographs.
- Steps and photos of building a canoe with classic shapes, but using modern, readily available, and cheap materials.
The North Woods Paddle
- Article written by Rick Waters and supported by the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association. Describes making a traditional wood paddle.
- Online plans, pictures, and discussion of Jim Heter's custom-designed folding kayak.
Ross Leidy's Kayak Building
- Personal summaries of building kayaks, canoes, paddles, and cradles. Includes a how-to section with in-depth discussions of a few building and outfitting techniques, including deck fittings, a fiberglass seat and the use of underdeck bungees to secure hatch covers.
Scubascapie's Kayak Project
- Provides photos and description of building a wooden kayak. Also includes related links.
- Free oar plans with photos.
Surfing Outrigger Canoe Project
- Summary of building an 18 foot surf canoe. Includes project log, materials list, and summary of the construction steps.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 14:15:05 UTC -