become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sports/Walking
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Recreation: Outdoors: Hiking
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Adventure and Sports: Walking Tours
This category in other languages:
- Guide to walking for fitness, recreation, and competitive racewalking. Provides articles, a link library, chat, bulletin board, and newsletter.
Celtic Trails Walking
- Offers long distance walking itineraries and solutions around the UK and Europe.
Danata's Walking Club Ideas
- Personal website with tips on exercise, gear, general fitness pointers and stress relief.
- Dedicated to walking for fitness, sport, and fun. Walking clubs and events are featured. The members share their experience of walking.
eMedicine Health - Walking for Fitness
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the health benefits of walking. Tips on walking routines, exercises, shoes and other equipment.
First Verified Walk Around the World
- Documents the Kunst brothers' global walk. Photos, anecdotes and memorabilia.
Harvard Health - Walking
- Medical findings of Havard Medical School on the benefits of walking on health and fitness.
Health Walkers Inc.
- Offers online statistical tracking of fitness activities and goal progress for clubs and individuals. Also provides events to help set and achieve personal goals.
International Volkssport Federation
- Official Volkssport site. Description of its purpose, lists walking clubs and their contact information, events worldwide and membership information.
- Online walking map and route planner. Also allows you track your activity and share it with others.
- Information and tips on walking marathons. Includes training schedules, marathon calendar, and testimonials.
The National Trails
- The official website of the UK's national trails. Provides the latest information, maps, GPS data and trail officer contact details on all of the UK's National Trails.
The Over the Hill Gang
- Volkssport club focused on walking in historic areas of Washington and Oregon.
- Offers information on Nordic Walking, history, benefits, technique and equipment.
Ramblers Walking Groups
- Walking charity and one of the leading organisers of grouped walks.
The Spirit of Walking
- Directs viewers to events sponsored by the American Volkssport Association. Links include a tutorial, FAQ, definitions, walking clubs, youth programs, articles and membership information.
Steven Newman, the Worldwalker
- The official site with biography, resources, forums, and contacts.
Walk 4 Life
- Yahoo! walking group. Includes forum, photographs, journals, tips and links.
Walkablock Club of America
- A national walking club on the Internet. Allows the user to find a walking partner in their city.
Walking - The Alexander Technique
- Ways in which this century-old method can help improve the quality of walking.
Walking - the Best Exercise
- Expounds the virtues of walking, listing the benefits and linking to sites that go deeper into the various benefits.
Walking at Active.com
- Walking races, events, and training for race walking and walking for fitness. Walkers can search and register online for events nationwide, as well as browse training tips and workouts.
- Leads multi-active adventures to some of the most exciting destinations in the world.
- An independent free resource for walking and hiking. Provides reports, statistics and pictures for long distance trails in Great Britain and Europe.
Walking For Health
- An informational site designed to educate and inspire people to walk more to increase their health and longevity.
- Information on walking for the non-competitive athlete, includes tips on technique, shoe selection, warming up and cooling down.
Walking Holidays in England and Spain
- Offers walking holidays in Calderdale, England, and Spanish hiking holidays. Areas covered, reservations, contacts, and links.
Walking on Skopelos
- Guided walking tours of Skopelos, a Greek island in the Northern Sporades are organised and run by Heather. She also produces an island map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
Walking on the web
- Overview of walking routes across Europe including national trails, maps, walking festivals, walking holidays, walking equipment.
The Walking Site - A Resource for Walkers
- How to start and maintain a fitness walking program, and where to find walking information. FAQ, clubs, links. Tips for beginners, racewalking, events, marathons, and walking gear.
Walking with Weights
- Guide to learning how to use weights in conjunction with walking. Exercises for various muscle groups and lessons for the beginner.
Western New York Hiking and Walking
- Descriptions and photos of about 30 hiking and walking spots in Western New York. Most are in Erie County.
Wicklow Way Trail
- 132km self-guided walking trail in Ireland. Website includes section by section trail descriptions, maps and accommodation listings.
WoW Power Walking
- Physical fitness creates an `anything is possible' attitude toward life and work that is the foundation for excellence. The site offers walking programs for individuals and groups.
Usenet uk.rec.walking -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 25, 2016 at 14:14:52 UTC -