become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sports/Walking
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Recreation: Outdoors: Hiking
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Adventure and Sports: Walking Tours
This category in other languages:
- Guide to walking for fitness, recreation, and competitive racewalking. Provides articles, a link library, chat, bulletin board, and newsletter.
Adventure Walking and Travel Tips
- Guinness Book of Records record holder Arthur Blessitt give tips about walking and travel.
Danata's Walking Club Ideas
- Personal website with tips on exercise, gear, general fitness pointers and stress relief.
- Dedicated to walking for fitness, sport, and fun. Walking clubs and events are featured. The members share their experience of walking.
eMedicine Health - Walking for Fitness
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the health benefits of walking. Tips on walking routines, exercises, shoes and other equipment.
First Verified Walk Around the World
- Documents the Kunst brothers' global walk. Photos, anecdotes and memorabilia.
Health Walkers Inc.
- Offers online statistical tracking of fitness activities and goal progress for clubs and individuals. Also provides events to help set and achieve personal goals.
International Volkssport Federation
- Official Volkssport site. Description of its purpose, lists walking clubs and their contact information, events worldwide and membership information.
- Membership site providing information and resources for tracking fitness progress and other goals.
- Strollercising is a way for moms and dads to get into shape. Information, tips, medical corner, food, users' questions.
- Information and tips on walking marathons. Includes training schedules, marathon calendar, and testimonials.
- Online training log for members.
The Over the Hill Gang
- Volkssport club focused on walking in historic areas of Washington and Oregon.
The Spirit of Walking
- Directs viewers to events sponsored by the American Volkssport Association. Links include a tutorial, FAQ, definitions, walking clubs, youth programs, articles and membership information.
Steven Newman, the Worldwalker
- The official site with biography, resources, forums, and contacts.
Walk 4 Life
- Yahoo! walking group. Includes forum, photographs, journals, tips and links.
Walk About Magazine
- Magazine covering various styles and purposes for walking, fitness, training, weight loss, nutrition. Highlights from current and past issues.
The Walk Zone
- Includes a collection of walks from various locations in the United Kingdom, plus some from travels to mountainous regions overseas. Includes description, photos and some maps.
Walkablock Club of America
- A national walking club on the Internet. Allows the user to find a walking partner in their city.
Walking - the Best Exercise
- Expounds the virtues of walking, listing the benefits and linking to sites that go deeper into the various benefits.
Walking at Active.com
- Walking races, events, and training for race walking and walking for fitness. Walkers can search and register online for events nationwide, as well as browse training tips and workouts.
- Leads multi-active adventures to some of the most exciting destinations in the world.
- Information on walking for the non-competitive athlete, includes tips on technique, shoe selection, warming up and cooling down.
Walking Holidays in England and Spain
- Offers walking holidays in Calderdale, England, and Spanish hiking holidays. Areas covered, reservations, contacts, and links.
Walking on Skopelos
- Guided walking tours of Skopelos, a Greek island in the Northern Sporades are organised and run by Heather. She also produces an island map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
The Walking Site - A Resource for Walkers
- How to start and maintain a fitness walking program, and where to find walking information. FAQ, clubs, links. Tips for beginners, racewalking, events, marathons, and walking gear.
Walking with Weights
- Guide to learning how to use weights in conjunction with walking. Exercises for various muscle groups and lessons for the beginner.
Western New York Hiking and Walking
- Descriptions and photos of about 30 hiking and walking spots in Western New York. Most are in Erie County.
Wicklow Way Trail
- 132km self-guided walking trail in Ireland. Website includes section by section trail descriptions, maps and accommodation listings.
WoW Power Walking
- Physical fitness creates an `anything is possible' attitude toward life and work that is the foundation for excellence. The site offers walking programs for individuals and groups.
Usenet uk.rec.walking -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2014 at 11:31:36 UTC -