become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sports/Orienteering
Recreation: Outdoors: Letterboxing
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Recreation and Sports: Outdoors: Orienteering and Rogaining
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Navigation: Land
Sports: Multi-Sports: Military Pentathlon
This category in other languages:
- Britain's national orienteering magazine. Features full event coverage with worldwide circulation.
- Includes general facts about Hungary, council members of the Hungarian Orienteering Federation, list of local Federations and clubs, links to Hungarian orienteers, results, profiles of the Hungarian National Team, 2000 and 2001 Hungarian Cup results, clickable local maps, Hall of Fame, and related links.
Magnetic Compass from "How Stuff Works"
- Illustrated tutorial explains magnetic compass operation and shows how to make your own compass.
Navigation With Map and Compass
- Links to resources that deal with navigation.
Orienteering for the Young
- A booklet about orienteering by James Baker. It explains in several pages how a course for beginners is made.
Orienteering in Ireland
- Clubs, fixtures, results, news, magazine, forum and links are provided, as well as an explanation of the sport and details of the Irish Orienteering Association.
- Offers news, articles, gallery, event calendar and interviews.
- Provides information about the sport of orienteering. In addition, it describes the program and map making services offered by Orienteering Unlimited.
Slovak Orienteering Association
- Official site provides news and information about the sport and its variations, competitions and results, national teams and local clubs. [English,Slovak]
Treasure Hunt Adventures
- Offers orienteering training events throughout the US. Specializes in school programs, teacher training seminars and corporate team building. Contact information and explanation of services.
What is Orienteering?
- Description of the sport, as well as map legends, control symbols and how to teach the game.
Wilderness Survival: Field-Expedient Direction Finding
- Describes how to use the sun and shadows for determining direction with illustrations. Also includes information on how to use the stars for finding direction and making an improvised compass.
World of O
- An extensive index of orienteering sites maintained by Norwegian orienteer Jan Kocbach.
Usenet free.uk.sport.orienteering -
Usenet rec.sport.orienteering -
Usenet uk.sport.orienteering -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 9, 2014 at 12:20:49 UTC -