become an editor
the entire directory
only in 2010_-_Vancouver/Venues
2010 - Vancouver
Open Directory - Sports: Events: Olympics: Winter Games: 2010 - Vancouver: Venues
Vancouver 2010 Olympic Committee: Venues
- Describes all the competition and non-competition venues and their locations.
BC Place Stadium
- Will host opening and closing ceremonies, as well as nightly medal presentations.
- West Vancouver venue for freestyle skiing and snowboarding.
- On the Pacific National Exhibition fairgrounds, this facility will host the figure skating and short-track speed skating events at the 2010 Olympics.
Resort Municipality of Whistler: Olympic Venues
- Describes the venues that are in the Whistler area.
- Will host the long track speed skating events.
- Hosted much of the ice hockey competition.
UBC Thunderbird Winter Sports Centre
- Will host some of the ice hockey competition.
Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Will host the media centre for the 2010 Olympics.
Vancouver Park Board: Hillcrest Park Vancouver Olympic Centre
- Set to host the curling events at the 2010 Olympics.
Whistler Blackcomb: Olympics
- Hosts Alpine events during the Olympics.
Whistler Celebration Plaza
- Describes the facility where medal ceremonies will be held in Whistler.
Whistler Conference Centre
- Location of the broadcast and press center in Whistler during the games.
Whistler Olympic Park
- Site of the cross-country, biathlon, Nordic combined, and ski jumping events for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
The Whistler Sliding Centre
- Located in the Fitzsimmons valley on the southeast slope of Blackcomb Mountain. Hosts the bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton competitions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 1, 2014 at 5:28:48 UTC -