the entire directory
only in Travel/Travelogues
Recreation: Travel: Travelogues
Sports: Cycling: Regional
This category in other languages:
Betzgi's Cycle Tours
- Tours through South America, Mexico and the Himalaya. Contains news items, related links, pictures, and itineraries.
Bicycle Tour of the Americas
- Perry Sanders starts on his mission to conquer the Americas. Follow him on his adventures through Canada, the US and the Latin American countries
- Discusses bike touring independently versus as part of an organized group. Includes information on packing, as well as the author's Vietnam and Turkey rides, and an article about the time he was jailed as a spy.
Bicycle Tours of Thomas Driemeyer
- Bicycle tour reports in France, Italy, USA, Germany, and elsewhere. Also lists Velophil tours in and near Berlin, and contains links to other servers.
Bicycle travels in Fjord Norway
- Journals and photographs of eleven bicycle tours plus hiking on nine mountain peaks.
Bike It Solo
- Emmanuel Gentinetta cycles the Pan-American Highway from Alaska to Argentina. Reports, photographs, and maps.
Bike Tracks Around the World
- A living creation of Kristal and Larry's trip around the world in the year 2000.
Bike Trip 2001 (Prague - New Delhi)
- Bicycle trip starting in Prague, Czech Republic and finishing in New Delhi, India. The trip is going through Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran and Pakistan.
- Bringing people together through art. Tour Reports from Mexico and New Mexico.
Charity cycle ride from Raid Pyrenean Hendaye to Cerbere
- Mark Thistlewood and Simon Chiswell: Report of the independent ride of the Raid Pyrenean Randonneur from Hendaye on the Atlantic border with Spain to Cèrbere on the Mediterranean.
Charles River Wheelmen: Tours
- Bicycle tour reports, itineraries, pictures, and stories of trips. Including Europe, Bhutan, Thailand, Jamaica, Central and North America.
Chuck Anderson's Cycle Tourist Home Page
- A personal homepage with some good bicycle travel stories from Austria, Italy, Ireland and the USA.
Corax Around the World by Bicycle
- Cycling in over 50 countries, off beat places like Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Tibet, Colombia, Bermuda, Belize, Bosnia and Laos.
Crazy Guy On A Bike
- A free, non-commercial site that allows bicycle tourists to create and edit their own online tour journal, complete with photos and a guestbook. Site also includes community message boards, and a links page.
- Cycle touring photos from Sardinia, Europe, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and the US.
Cycling Around The World
- Travelogues, practical information, tips and photos for around the world cyclists. Also a 12 languages bike dictionary and a interactive packing list.
Cycling with the Blayleys
- John and Pamela devote a lot of time to cycling. Cycling is a source of transportation, recreation and vacation. On this site, you'll find stories and pictures from various cycling trips, and tips for various activities, gleaned from experience.
Desert cycling around the world
- Solo on dirt tracks in the Sahara, crossing the Andes and exploring the Altiplano and ending almost tragic on the KKH in Pakistan. [English and Deutsch content.]
Fred and Andrew's Trip Around the World
- The chronicles of the BikeBrats adventures in 45 countries during their two-year trip around the world.
Heinz Stücke Around the World by Bicycle
- His mission in life to seek out new places to travel to on his trusty three-speed bike that he has used since the 1960's.
Hugh Currin's Personal Page
- These tours are self supported camping trips in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Iris en Tore op reis
- Photographs, stories, maps and information about remarkable areas for the adventurous cyclist, gathered in a 2-year tour through South-America and during trips in Ghana, Canada, Tunisia and Sri-Lanka.
Karl Brodowsky Collection of Tours
- Collection of links to travelogues of bicycle tours from around the world, in English and German.
- Reports from a tour across Canada, around the Baltic and Nordkapp to Gibraltar.
Mike's bicycle touring stories
- Bicycle travelogues in Europe, Mexico and the US.
Minko's Touring Accounts
- Reports from a number of tours, some by recumbent, within many countries in Europe and also North America.
Moriartys' Tandem America Tour
- Ann and Kent Moriarty ride a tandem from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, to Tierra del Fuego (the southern tip of South America).
Mountain Biking in China, the USA and Cuba
- Mountain Biking adventures atop the Great Wall of China, to the highest natural point in each of the 50 United States, and across Cuba.
Mountainbike Expedition Team
- Waltraud Schulze and Andy Heßberg's bike touring, extreme expeditions worldwide: Greenland, Patagonia, Mongolia, Lappland, Naimibia, Siberia.
Odyssey 2000 Riders and Riders in Spirit
- Visiting 45 countries on 6 continents logging 20,000 miles in the year 2000.
On the Road to Nowhere
- Glenn and Sheila's tour reports from Japan, Central America, Europe and Africa.
Paul Prescott's World Bike Tour
- Follow Paul, travelling from Dubai to Australia/New Zealand, via Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tibet, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
- The epic travel diary of Pushkar Shah who, on 28 November 28 1998, set out on a 11 year long journey to fulfill his dream of riding 390,000-kilometers around the world on his bicycle to spread the message of peace and hope.
Reflections of a Globe Trotting Pensioner
- Describes the tour made by a local pensioner cycling 17,000 miles in aid of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
Richard Gregg's Worldcycle
- The world of Richard Gregg ICBM (Inter-Continental Bicycle Man), a man aboard his bicycle on a ten-to-twelve year, extremely-low-level orbit.
Roughstuffs' World Cycling Guide
- Bicycle around the world with Roughstuff, the 2 wheeled bard of cyberspace.
Sandy and Carl's HomePage
- Carl and Sandy Penwarden are cyclists who have toured New Zealand and Europe on a Tandem Bicycle. Offers information and pictures from the cycle tours as well as other personal and family information.
- Reports of tandem based rides covering long(ish) distances around the world.
- Bicycle travel descriptions, including insight and tips. Countries visited include China, Thailand, Cuba, Malaysia, Ecuador.
- Outdoor homepage with Infos from expeditions with bike and ski around the world. Includes cycle tours in Europe, Australia and Asia.
Travel to the Horizon
- Travel to the Horizon aims to be a complete and up to date starting point on the web for resources on bicycle travel.
- In the process of cycling from Norway to Australia.
A World Bike Tour - Forever
- A short article about Heinz Stucke, who has spent four decades on the road, non-stop, visiting every country on the planet.
Usenet rec.bicycles.rides -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 24, 2013 at 9:02:22 UTC -