become an editor
the entire directory
only in Workplace_Discrimination/Age_Discrimination
Open Directory - Society: Work: Workplace Discrimination: Age Discrimination
Society: Issues: Older Citizens
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Seniors
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: Youth Rights
Allstate Agents Class
- 94 percent of the terminated employee agents were over age forty and 84 percent of the individuals hired to fill newly-created customer service positions were under age 40.
LIScareer.com - Combating Ageism: Lessons Learned by "Baby" Librarians
- New librarian confronts being typecast based on how old she appears to be. Also shares stories of others and how they dealt with ageism.
The Older Worker...Valued Resource or Museum Piece?
- A look at age discrimination in employment.
IBM guilty of age discrimination
- The company's US pension scheme unfairly favored younger employees, a judge finds in a ruling that could affect millions of workers. [BBC] (August 01, 2003)
NYTimes.com - Too Old to Work?
- Long article summarizing a recent upswing in US age-discrimination lawsuits with a focus on a recent suit by former employees of Allstate. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] (March 02, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 2:05:04 UTC -