become an editor
the entire directory
only in Work/Telecommuting
Open Directory - Society: Work: Telecommuting
Business: Business Services: Consulting: Marketplaces: Remotely Provided Services
Business: Business Services: Office Services: Secretarial Services and Virtual Assistants
Business: Small Business: Associations
Business: Small Business: Home Office
Society: Work: Work-Life Balance
This category in other languages:
- Provides telecommuting job listings, home business ideas and other work from home resources.
About.com: Mobile Office Technology
- Resources and products for mobile workers, tips and advice for telecommuters, home office resources and remote work business traveling information.
- 1993 study carried out by Global Telematics (Jack Nilles) for the United States Department of Energy (USDOE) and the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (LBL) in support of the development of the National Information Infrastructure (NII). Includes 'Perspectives On Telecommunications and Transportation', 'Policy Analysis', and 'Recommendations'.
- A Resource for Virtual Teams and Telecommuters. Helpful tips, techniques and tool reviews for virtual teams and telecommuters.
- Research and reports on telework and telecommuting in Europe.
European Telework Week
- Although there is no longer a Telework Week, this European site focuses on the changing nature of socio-economic activity in the developing information society including changes to the nature of work and the working environment. Good practice, case studies, security and dependability, and policy issues.
- A resource for a wide variety of telecommuting and work from home job opportunities, each one hand-screened and legitimate.
Gill Gordon & Associates
- Provides information to individuals and companies on telecommuting programs.
Home Job Coach
- Resource for telecommuting and work from home opportunities. Offers a downloadable guide that provides access to more than 100 companies who regularly hire at-home workers.
- Source of information about telework and telecommuting, with information about the Canadian Telework Association, a non-profit association dedicated to promoting telework.
iVillage Work From Home Channel
- Offers information for women who freelance, own home businesses or telecommute.
- Overview of telework, telecommuting, and applied futures research consulting services.
- An information and community site for nomadic professionals and entrepreneurs who are telecommuting from anywhere.
The Rat Race Rebellion
- Links to telework self-assessments, tools, organizations, telework-friendly companies, helpful articles, and recommended readings.
SafeWork - Teleworking
- PDF report on teleworking.
- The company specializes in infrastructure and processes for teleworking and virtual teams in small and medium enterprises that want to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Sloan Work and Family Research Network -- Telework Topics
- Research and resources about telecommuting plus additional work and family topics.
Telecommunications and Travel Behavior Research Program
- At the University of California, Davis. Information on projects, staff, publication and related sites.
- Telecommute Connecticut! is a statewide initiative providing free assistance to employers with the design, development and implementation of telecommuting as a worksite alternative. Lots of great resources and information for telecommuters.
- Information on developing work objectives, organizational and time management strategies, communication methods, technology, and problem resolution techniques as they relate to telecommuting.
Telecommuting Productivity Research
- A study that identifies fifteen reasons why telecommuting may not increase productivity as much as commonly believed.
- Telecommuting360 is an organization of telecommuters, providers and companies dedicated to bringing resources and people together to solve the ongoing issues surrounding telecommuting.
- Job leads, advice, and distractions for the young, and the young at heart, professional who can't imagine 40 more years of life in a cubicle.
- Telework Advocacy is a large group of forward-thinking influencers and decision makers who understand the benefits that a properly-constructed telework model can provide for the employee, employer and the environment.
The Telework Coalition
- News, tools, facts, reference materials and links to telework and telecommuting resource and companies including telemedicine and distance learning applications
Telework Enhancement Act of 2007
- Senate bill to, "ensure that eligible employees participate in telework to the maximum extent possible without diminishing employee performance or agency operations."
- A public-private partnership focused on demonstrating the tangible value of telework, particularly within the US Federal teleworker community. Provides value and eligibility calculators, research studies, and useful tools.
Telework in Hungary and Worldwide
- A Hungarian telework job board with tips and articles on teleworking.
Telework Recruiting, Inc.
- Subscription-based site offering lists of telecommuting jobs and work from home jobs for the US, UK, and Canada.
- Free resources, expert telework assistance, and financial incentives provided by the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transport for Northern Virginia, Hampton Roads, and Richmond companies to encourage work-at-home programs.
- Blog offering advice on how to find legitimate home based businesses, work from home jobs with traditional employers, and freelance work.
Variety Work at Home
- A directory of real work-at-home jobs that require no fees. Includes advice, information and resources for home based work.
- Site provides a daily compilation of hand screened, legitimate telecommute employment positions.
- Works with organizations to teach people new ways to work productively in the virtual workplace. Resource site for those who either currently are or wish to telecommute.
World of Work Portal
- Portal for small business, self employment, teleworking information and resources.
You Can Work From Anywhere
- Tips, tools, articles, newsletters, seminars, and other resources to help improve the productivity of telecommuters, mobile workers, managers, and home-based workers.
Usenet alt.support.telecommute -
Usenet uk.business.telework -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 15:15:09 UTC -