become an editor
the entire directory
only in Labor_Movement/Culture
Open Directory - Society: Work: Labor Movement: Culture
Labor and Solidarity Choirs
Society: Politics: Socialism: Marxism: Communism: Culture
American Sociological Association Section on Labor and Labor Movements
- Includes information about the section, its mandate, annual meeting, and the general activities and members. Also links to key labor unions, organizations, associations, federations, and online resources.
Earl Dotter, labor photographer
- Award-winning photojournalist Earl Dotter has documented the working lives of Americans for nearly 30 years from the Appalachian coal fields through many industries and regions.
- Presents information about past and current general strikes around the world.
Labor Heritage Foundation
- A non-profit organization working to strengthen the labor movement through the use of music, art and culture.
- A list of films with a left-wing political message, on topics ranging from feminism to the environment, race and class.
- Information about the festival of working people and the arts in Toronto.
The Red Flag: the song, the man, the monument
- Website on the song The Red Flag, Jim Connell (1852-1929) who wrote it and the monument erected in Crossakiel County Meath Ireland in 1998. Includes text, photos and a sound file of all 6 verses of the song.
Songs of Irish Labour
- Songs of the Irish labour movement, including text, photos and sound files
- Songs that helped build trade unions over the past 200 years. Workers songs, songs of labor, strike songs, picket line songs, songs against unemployment and poverty.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 3, 2013 at 6:24:05 UTC -