become an editor
the entire directory
only in Law/Court_Cases
Brockton MA Court Rules in Favor of Transgender Student (2000)
- Positive: A Massachusetts Superior Court ruled that a middle school may not prohibit a transgender student from expressing her gender identity even if that expression does not conform with the sex ascribed to her at birth.
Columbia High Court Restricts Intersex Genital Mutilation (1999)
- Positive: two decisions restricting the ability of parents and doctors to operate on children born with atypical genitals. Press release in English, brief and opinion are in Spanish.
Hernandez-Montiel v. Immigration and Naturalization Service (9th Cir., 2000)
- Positive: A U.S. federal court of appeals finds that a transgendered Mexican woman "had a well-founded fear of future persecution and was entitled to asylum and withholding of deportation."
Schwenk v. Hartford (9th Cir., 2000)
- Positive: a federal Court of Appeals found that discrimination "because one fails to act in the way expected of a man or woman" may violate federal sex discrimination laws.
Couple fights for son, 6, they say is girl at heart
- "A Westerville couple is fighting to regain custody of their 6-year-old boy, whom they said was taken by social workers because they let the child dress and act like he's a girl," a news story from the Columbus Dispatch. (August 26, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2015 at 20:01:28 UTC -