become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transgendered/Health_and_Wellness
Health and Wellness
Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Health and Wellness
- The 519 is a community center in Toronto with excellent programs for the trans community they serve. Their materials include a safe-sex brochure directed at MTF sex workers, and a 101 for health care professionals.
Aaron H. Devor, Ph.D
- CV of sociology professor researching FTMs in society, author of _FTM_.
Access to Health Care for Transgendered Persons in Greater Boston
- Report on a study conducted in the transgendered community and funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health/AIDS Bureau. [PDF]
The Beaumont Trust
- Charitable educational resource, support, voluntary knowlededge on the subjects of Transsexualism.
Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- The mission of the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health is to increase access to comprehensive, effective, and affirming health care services for trans and gender-variant communities.
E. P. Walker
- Website of Mr. E.P. Walker, plastic surgeon in Christchurch, New Zealand with specialization in gender reassignment surgery.
The Erickson Educational Foundation
- Biography of Reed Erickson, a female-to-male transsexual and founder of the EEF. The EEF funded research including the Harry Benjamin Foundation and early studies at Johns Hopkins. A history of the Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex Change (But Were Afraid to Ask)
- Online book about the male-to-female transition includes chapters on human sexuality, hormones and surgery, voice feminization, personal experiences of post-operative trans women, work and other legal issues. Includes a substantive resource on the transsexual population and an FAQ.
Gary Alter MD
- Surgeon performing GRS on both MTFs and FTMs. Offices in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and New York City.
Gender Wellness Center Papillion
- The Papillon Center is comprised of both trans and non-trans professionals and volunteers. Their aim is to deliver diverse, expert services and specialize in just transgender care. Providers are specially selected as leaders in their field, who have the right mix of passion, expertise, and real-life understanding of transgender issues. It is a requirement that all providers keep up-to-date with current developments in their particular field as it relates to transgender care.
- James Bellringer, Consultant Urologist based at the Charing Cross Hospital Gender Identity Clinic in London. The leading Male to Female Gender Reassignment Surgeon in Britain.
IFGE Books - Gender Dysphoria
- Book, Gender Dysphoria: Interdisciplinary Approaches in Clinical Management. Edited by Walter O. Bockting and Eli Coleman, PhD. (Eds)
Los Angeles Gender Center
- Clinic in Los Angeles that offers counseling to sexual minorities and transgendered persons. Clients include transsexuals, cross-dressers, gay men, lesbian women, bisexual individuals, and their families.
- A post-op MtF transsexual provides detailed information about hormones, sex-change surgery, medical experiences, and her personal experiences transitioning.
- Info on testosterone dosage.
Michael L. Brownstein, MD FACS
- Plastic, reconstructive, and gender related surgeon in San Francisco CA.
The Reed Centre for Genital Surgery
- Offers gender re-assignment surgery for MTF and FTM transsexuals. Clinic tour, description of procedures with base pricing, and doctors background and qualifications. Near Miami, Florida.
Renee Baker, Ph.D.EE, LMT
- Offers courseling and transgender services to individuals seeking peace and support in their gender transition.
Susan's Place: Transgender Resources
- "Sex Reassignment Surgery: Historical, Bioethical, and Theoretical Issues" by Leslie M. Lothstein, Ph.D.
Testicular Cancer Resource Center's Hormone Replacement Links
- Links to medical articles on testosterone.
Toby R. Meltzer, MD, PC
- GRS practice in Scottsdale, AZ.
Tom Waddell Health Center
- Transgender clinic in San Francisco, CA. Includes a detailed description of the intake process and the gender clinic's protocol.
Transgender Mental Health Blog
- A forum to discuss all things related to mental health, therapy and support for transgendered, transsexual, gender queer and gender variant individuals.
TransGenderCare Medical Feminizing Program
- Material presented on the male-to-female transsexual medical transition as conducted by the now-defunct Tampa Gender Identity Program. Includes specific hormone dosing information.
Transsexual Road Map
- General content on decisions male-to-female transsexuals make in the process of medically and socially transitioning.
Transsexual Women's Resources
- Anne Lawrence, a clinical sexologist, posts papers she has presented at gender conferences on transsexuals. Her work centers on post-operative quality of life. The website also has extensive information on SRS procedures MTFs undergo.
TS Surgery Guide
- Transgender surgery resource that includes reviews, pricing, surgeon directory, surgical techniques, requirements and general overviews.
- Vaginoplasty: Male to Female Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) Historical notes, descriptions, photos, references and links. by Lynn Conway
World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), formerly known as the (Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association, HBIGDA), is a professional organization devoted to the understanding and treatment of gender identity disorders. WPATH Mission Statement. As an international multidisciplinary professional Association the mission of WPATH is to promote evidence based care, education, research, advocacy, public policy and respect in transgender health.
Health and Wellness
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 24, 2014 at 3:15:41 UTC -