become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Allies
BiNet USA Home Page
- BiNet, like many bisexual organizations, has a strong alliance with the transgender community. Most recently, they withdrew their support of ENDA when other lobbyists refused to use trans-inclusive language in the employment non-discrimination act.
Children Of Lesbians And Gays Everywhere
- Support and advocacy organization for children of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender parents. They have considerable support for transgendered parents and children, including hosting trans-specific gatherings.
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- GLAAD has never let its name stop it; it has a long history of bi and trans inclusion, and has been reporting media transphobia in its weekly "GLAADAlerts" for years.
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- NGLTF refused to support ENDA unless it included transgendered people, and did a study with GenderPAC which found that "28% of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual people have been discriminated against based in part on their 'gender expression.'"
National Youth Advocacy Coalition
- NYAC has been working on outreach to trans youth for several years, and has transgendered folks on its board of directors.
NCLR - National Center for Lesbian Rights - Home Page
- The NCLR provides free information and counselling to lesbians, gay men, and bisexual and transgendered individuals, and technical assistance to attorneys. One of their two staff attorneys is an FTM activist who has done extensive work with city and legal groups, and the HRC, to bring transgender rights to the fore.
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- PFLAG (Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) is a national organization promoting the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons and their families and friends. They have a trans-specific chapter (PFLAG-TSON) and several pamphlets on subjects like "Our Transgendered Children."
Stop AIDS Project
- Safer sex information, resources, and outreach. Trans-friendly in general, and has been doing outreach specifically to the FTM community to find out what they can do for us.
- Has a series of trans feature articles, perspectives from trans youth, a study of trans-youth-specific health risks, and a trans youth webring.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2014 at 14:28:11 UTC -