become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transgendered/Academic
Science: Social Sciences: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Gender and Sexuality
This category in other languages:
Diagnostic Dilemmas of Transvestitism
- Sexologists challenge the view that cross-dressing is a mental illness and suggest that the transvestic fetishism diagnosis may distract clinicians from addressing genuine psychological distress.
The Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry
- Katherine Wilson examines the concepts of gender identity and sexual orientation as the have been used to define mental disorders. She questions how consistently the DSM applies definitions.
Psychology of Gender Identity & Transgenderism
- A transsexual psychologist critiques the psychopathology of gender identity disorder and transvestic fetishism. She discusses personal experiences and scholarly topics in psychology, neuroscience, and sexology.
Trans-Academic Mailing List
- Subscribe to a low-volume information-oriented list for transgendered / transsexual academics. Topics include psychology, medicine, law, and social welfare. Typical posts include calls for papers, conference announcements, and reference requests.
- Discussion forums bring together those who study gender theory and the trans-community. Learn about queer studies graduate programs and teaching with instructional materials and a bibliography.
Transtudies: An Online Course Project
- This guides to the study of gender differences and transgender expression in academic environments includes syllabi, teaching suggestions, annotated bibliographies, student papers, and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:50:23 UTC -