the entire directory
only in Subcultures/Cyberculture
Open Directory - Society: Subcultures: Cyberculture
Studies and Academe
Computers: Internet: Chat
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Online Communities
Games: Online: MUDs
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Flow: Communities of Practice
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Semiotics: Media Semiotics: Semiotics of Cyberspace
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: Internet Psychology
- Research by Barry Wellman and associates into social networks, social support, virtual community, computer networks as social networks
Big Fat Site
- Articles, reviews, fandom columns and other opinion writing. Archives include information on some video games and e-business.
- The first global organization focused on inhabited virtual spaces on the Internet. These spaces are shared in real time by thousands of users and represent a new frontier in the experience of cyberspace.
- Cyberculture project that brings a virtual community of cyber freaks from 17+ different countries into the same existence. The silvery buss travels over land and through cyberspace posting virtual trips online recreating their reality and immortalizing their adventures.
- A LiveJournal community. Rivet boys and rivet girls rant and moan about technology, music, conspiracies, art, and design.
- Contains various links to topics related to cyberspace.
The Dog Museum
- Research site that is primarily concerned with how humor and humanity are conveyed online.
- Promotes inquiry into and discussion of intellectual, philosophical, artistic, and literary issues, and works for the intellectual and social achievement of society.
Electronic Literature Directory
- A comprehensive database of listings for electronic works, their authors, and their publishers.
- Random art, animation, and site news.
- Guide to the True Underground.
The Indie Web Manifesto
- Respects the individuals, their intelligence and their privacy; it's an open forum for thoughts and debate.
The Internet: Behavioral and Other Impacts
- Study about how Internet/online impacts the lives of users -- Encompasses marriages, family, friendships, health, predators, cybersex, online romance and Internet addictions -- based on a survey by AOL.
- A container for the digital stuff of internet culture.
- A comic strip made by internet chatters, for internet chatters, using an internet chat program (MS "Comic" Chat). Unintended social commentary on cyber-living.
- A matrix architect's information designer lunchbox.
KMFMS - Kein Mitleid Für MicroSoft
- A website devoted to Microsoft's downfall.
- Uses creative web arts to look at the Cosmos and new cosmologies, Gaia and gaian science, the Earth adventure and the life of the spirit.
Need To Know
- Britain's most sarcastic high-tech weekly newsletter.
- Information on online communities, personal pages, information on hackers and cyber-liberties, and examination the nature of online life and identity.
- The problems of the future today and flash portal. Club a Seal, Telebubby Fun Land and Pico.
- A participatory self-adaptive website, where the content is contributed by its users. Where science fact meets science fiction.
- Offers programs that bring innovators together from different fields, to undertake collaborative social innovation projects and initiatives around the world.
The Psychology of Cyberspace
- An evolving conceptual framework for understanding the various psychological components of cyberspace and how people react to and behave within it.
- A place for people who love to do nothing.
Small Pieces Loosely Joined
- Official site of the book by David Weinberger. Includes the entire text of selected chapters, and reviews.
Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution
- A website and weblog about topics and issues discussed in Howard Rheingold's book Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution.
- Humorous articles and discussions on the daily basis.
Temple Ov Hombres
- Multiply concatinated cultural output node. Includes hombre profiles, cartoons, and drink recipes.
- Place where the real and the virtual meet.
The Virtual Community
- Online version of Howard Rheingold's book.
- Online community known for engaging conversation and intelligent debate. Features more than 260 conferences ranging from technical and specific to abstract and surreal.
Usenet alt.cyberpunk -
Usenet alt.cyberpunk.chatsubo -
Usenet alt.cyberpunk.tech -
Usenet comp.society.futures -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2014 at 6:15:04 UTC -