become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics_of_Sexuality/Sex_Work
Politics of Sexuality
Society: People: Women: Women's Rights: Anti Trafficking
This category in other languages:
- Online magazine for and by sex workers. Aims to destigmatize sex work.
- The Bay Area Sex Worker Advocacy Network is an organization that provides information related to sex workers' rights.
Casualties of the Sexual Revolution
- An article about how women who leave the sex industry are still treated as pariahs.
The Critical Eye | Tracy Quan
- The creator of call-girl Nancy Chan speaks about her work and her former career.
The Dumas Brothel
- The Dumas was America's longest running brothel. The site is now a brothel museum.
Erotic Service Providers Union
- An organization that seeks to unionize erotic service providers such as strippers and exotic dancers.
Feminist Issues in Prostitution
- An analysis of liberal, radical, and Marxist feminism as it relates to prostitution. Presented at an International Conference on Prostitution in 1997.
Global Network of Sex Work Projects
- NSWP exists to uphold the voice of sex workers globally and connect regional networks advocating for the rights of female, male, and transgender sex workers.
Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive
- HIPS is a Washington DC organization designed to help street prostitutes through outreach, education,and legal assistance.
International Sex Worker Foundation
- Promoting art, culture and education related to international sex work.
International Union of Sex Workers
- The IUSW supports initiatives that decriminalize all aspects of sex work that involve consenting adults.
- Pros, cons, studies, and data from hundreds of experts in the debate about if prostitution should be legalized.
Prostitutes Education Network
- Information about prostitute rights, working conditions and the history of prostitution. Geared for students and activists.
Research for Sex Work
- Annual journal by the Global Network of Sex Work Project. Offers ideas, observations and research related to sex work in the context of health and human rights.
Resourcing Health and Education in the Sex Industry
- Provides a range of health, safety and legal information for sex workers in Victoria, Australia.
Sex Work Cyber Resource Center
- Legal information and support for sex workers and customers. Includes international legalities.
Sex Workers Outreach Project
- A group promoting the decriminalization of prostitution in California.
Sex Workers Project
- A project advocating for sex workers. Includes a report about police interactions with street-based prostitutes in Manhattan.
- Former sex workers provide non-judgemental support and services for women and girls that are or have been involved in sex work.
Prostitution under the Rule of Taliban
- A report in article format by the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan. (August 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 6:15:08 UTC -