become an editor
the entire directory
only in Practices/Postures
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: Yoga: Practices: Postures
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Yoga: Paths: Karma: Hatha Yoga
ExTension and Recovery Yoga
- Sam Dworkis explores yoga postures from neuromuscular and physiological perspectives. Includes excerpts from his two books.
In Praise of Down Dog
- This feature is completely devoted to the popular yoga asana Adho Mukha Svanasana, or Downward Facing Dog. Benefits of the pose and posture tips are included.
My Daily Yoga
- Simple exercises that can be done in home or office to help prevent RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Online Asana Index
- An online encyclopedia containing dozens of yoga poses, with descriptions and illustrations drawn from many different sources.
- Features Ashtanga Yoga asanas practiced individually and by two people working together.
Pediatric Oncall- MUDRA (Body Postures)
- An illustrated guide to some basic mudras, or hand postures.
So You Want to Do a Wheel!
- Breaks down the challenging pose, Urdhva Dhanurasana, or Wheel, into steps that make it less intimidating. Suggests easier poses to practice first.
Yoga and Posture
- Explains the importance of mental attitude in practicing yoga postures.
Yoga and the Alexander Technique
- Article proposes that the Alexander approach to posture, balance and coordination can help with the practice of yoga.
Yoga Basics: Yoga Asanas
- Dozens of postures, illustrated with photographs and separated into several categories, from seated to supine to balancing.
- Integrated into a system known as Hatha Yoga. View many different postures with hints and tips.
Yoga Postures for HIV/AIDS
- Two sequences of postures for HIV/AIDS.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:45:06 PM EST -