become an editor
the entire directory
only in Church_of_Scientology/Response_to_Critics
Religion and Spirituality
Church of Scientology
Response to Critics
Scientology v. Internet
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Opposing Views: Scientology
- Offers editorials, special reports, and investigative reporting.
- Press clippings, court documents, and conference papers. Multilingual. Focus is on church and state issues.
How Lawrence Wright Got It So Wrong
- A point by point correction of falsehoods that exist in Lawrence Wright's book on Scientology from the Church of Scientology International.
Is Alex Gibney’s Upcoming HBO “Documentary” a Rolling Stone/UVA Redux?
- The Church of Scientology's response to a planned HBO documentary about the Church of Scientology, providing information about HBO not confirming facts and not allowing the Church an opportunity to correct falsehoods from HBO sources.
Marty Rathbun Blog
- Provides data countering the claims of Marty Rathbun and his followers and provides current, real-time details to respond to many of their criticisms of the Church.
Mike Rinder's Blog
- A site countering the false claims of ex-scientologists Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun.
Practicing Religious Intolerance
- Actions taken by the German government violating the Constitution and justifying their attempts to deprive members of the Church of Scientology of their civil rights. Advertisement placed in the New York Times.
Registration of Scientology in Sweden
- Background on the Swedish government's recognition of the churches of Scientology as a religion, with link to the original Swedish document.
Religious Freedom Watch
- A site devoted to exposing religious intolerance against Scientology and many other religions.
Scientology Gives Truth, Including About Drugs
- Salt Lake City Scientology minister responds to controversy about her religion. [Deseret News]
Scientology Myths 2.0
- Responds to questions that are being asked all over the internet about Scientology, Scientologists, the Church structure and L. Ron Hubbard and seeks to separate fact from fiction.
Scientology Myths Forum
- Responses from the Church of Scientology to critical articles and media reports presented against the Church.
The Truth Behind Scientology
- An in-depth study dealing with the controversy on whether or not Scientology is a religion.
Who Is Amy Scobee?
- Providing biographical data about Amy Scobee and data countering many of her criticisms against the Church.
Who is Michael Rinder.com
- Documents activities of Scientology critic Michael Rinder and some of associates.
Church of Scientology statement - Today Show - MSNBC.com
- The statement of the Church of Scientology in response to the book release of Andrew Morton's unauthorized Tom Cruise biography. [Today-MSNBC.com] (January 15, 2008)
Scientology Seeks Millions as Punishment
- Church of Scientology attorney asks for heavy punitive damages against Ken Dandar, whom he says turned "a garden variety wrongful death lawsuit" into "a frontal attack on an entire religion". [St. Petersburg Times] (August 20, 2003)
Scientology Foes Continue Rancor
- Article by Deborah O'Neil about Lisa McPherson's case, trying to give a balanced view. (St. Petersburg Times) (May 01, 2002)
A Case So Different From All The Others
- Lisa McPherson criminal case dropped by state. [St. Petersburg Times] (June 14, 2000)
Many Call on City, Church to Move On
- With criminal case against it dropped, most Clearwater city officials predict the Church of Scientology should continue to gain greater acceptance. [St. Petersburg Times] (June 14, 2000)
Freedom on the Internet, As in Life, Requires Responsibility
- Letter to the editor, by Church Public Affairs Director, on Amazon.com's removal and subsequent reinstatement of "A Piece of Blue Sky." [Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal] (June 18, 1999)
Mayor Hopes To Mend Rift with Scientology
- Clearwater's new mayor, Brian Aungst, speaks of his intentions regarding the Church of Scientology and its future relationship with the community. [St. Petersburg Times] (March 21, 1999)
Star Scientologists Claim German Discrimination
- News article about U.S. celebrity Scientologists speaking out against discrimination they have experienced in Germany. [Associated Press] (February 14, 1997)
U.S. to List Germany for Abusing Scientologists
- State Department expected to list Germany in its annual human rights report. [CNN] (January 27, 1997)
Response to Critics
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 27, 2015 at 5:42:01 UTC -