become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eastern_Religions/Buddhism
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Buddhism
Buddhism Comes to Main Street
- Article by Jan Nattier in The Wilson Quarterly (Spring 1997). Discusses the history and cultural and ethnic issues that form the most crucial differences within American Buddhism.
Buddhism in Brazil
- Academic references on the expansion of Buddhism in Brazil. Also a web directory of Brazilian Buddhist centers, temples, monasteries, and Buddhist texts translated to Portuguese.
Buddhist Country Statistics
- Lists Top 10 countries with most Buddhists, top 10 countries with highest percentage of Buddhists.
Buddhist Scriptures Information Retrieval (BUDSIR)
- Project to record the 45 volumes of the Pali Tipitaka onto computer, together with the development of an application program for searching it. Project has completed a Thai translation of the Tipitaka, and versions of the original Pali text using Thai and Roman scripts, as well as a Thai-Pali dictionary.
Buddhist Studies Virtual Library
- The Internet guide to Buddhism and Buddhist studies.
Cambridge Buddhist Institute
- Serves as a focus for those interested in Buddhist studies in Cambridge, UK, both in the University of Cambridge and in the region.
Center for Buddhist Studies, National Taiwan University
- Online Buddhist texts. Many in Chinese.
Chan and Zen Buddhism
- A compilation of important links to materials for the study of Chan and Zen Buddhism, primarily for the use of college students.
College of Buddhist Studies
- Offers certificate in Buddhist Studies. Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Foundation of Buddhist Thought
- A two-year intermediate level online course taught by Geshe Tashi Tsering.
- H-Net discussion group that serves as a medium for information exchange regarding academic resources, research projects, and scholarly publications for specialists in Buddhist Studies. Features archive, search, links to related resources, subscription details, and job listings.
Institute of Buddhist Studies
- A seminary and graduate school affiliated with the Graduate Theological Union and associated with the Buddhist Churches of America. IBS offers a systematic educational program specializing in Contemporary Shin Buddhist Studies and culminating in a fully accredited Master of Arts degree which is jointly administered with the GTU.
International Research Institute for Zen Buddhism
- International Research Institute for Zen Buddhism (IRIZ) at Hanazono University (Kyoto, Japan) is an academic research institution devoted to the study of Zen Buddhism, serving the needs of researchers, students, teachers, and practitioners of Buddhism. 48.000 character Chinese character database.
- About Buddhism in Japan: the introduction to Japan; and the different sects, with dates.
Karmapa International Buddhist Institute, New Delhi
- Offers a four-year program of Buddhist. Founded by HH the 16th Karmapa and emphazises the teachings of the Karma Kagyü school of Tibetan Buddhism.
Origins of Buddhism
- A Christian analysis of the history and development of Buddhism.
Resources for the Study of Buddhism
- Links to both general Buddhist resources and specialized materials on Zen, Chinese Buddhism, Yogacara Buddhism, and various Buddhist sutras.
Thinking in Buddhism: Nagarjuna's Middle Way
- Academic thesis on early Buddhism, the historical context of Nagarjuna, Nagarjuna's Mulamadhyamakakarika, and the Philosophy of Madhyamika.
- The Vipassana Research Institute publishes the Tipitaka in the pali language on a CD-ROM.
University of Bristol, Centre for Buddhist Studies
- At undergraduate level the Centre’s staff contribute to the undergraduate BA programme in Theology and Religious Studies; at graduate level they offer a taught MA in Buddhist Studies and supervision of research leading to MPhil and MLitt/PhD.
University of the West
- A Buddhist founded university located in Rosemead, California.
Usenet alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan -
Usenet talk.religion.buddhism -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2014 at 18:16:54 UTC -