become an editor
the entire directory
only in Spiritual_Personalities/Jesus
Religion and Spirituality
Open Directory - Society: Religion and Spirituality: People: Spiritual Personalities: Jesus
Lost Years Theories
This category in other languages:
Ancient Jewish Accounts of Jesus
- Collection of ancient Jewish documents which possibly refer to Jesus.
Comparison of Religious Views of Jesus
- Chart compares the views of religious groups on who Jesus was and what he came to do.
Finding the Core of Historical Jesus
- Using the Gospel of Thomas and assuming the four traditional gospels to be a collection of myths, FCHJ attempts to reconstruct what Jesus taught.
Frontline: From Jesus to Christ
- Explores the life of Jesus and the rise of Christianity. Includes interviews with some of the nation's leading liberal New Testament scholars.
The Historical Jesus
- Instruction by James F. McGrath Assistant Professor of Religion at Butler University, Indianapolis.
Historical Jesus Theories
- Find the historical Jesus with help from a wide variety of sources.
Historicity of Jesus
- The historicity of Jesus is a distinction between Jesus as reconstructed through historical methods and the Christ of faith as understood through theological tradition.
Jesus Empty Tomb
- Explores the discoveries and conclusions from contemporary publications such as the Talpiot Tomb, the DaVinci Code and landmark archeology studies about the person of Jesus of Nazareth.
The Jesus of the New Age Movement (by Ron Rhodes)
- Analyzes new age beliefs regarding Jesus.
- Organized under the Westar Institute to renew the quest for the historical Jesus and to report the results of its research.
Jesus Through Buddhist Eyes
- Books & Culture reviews varying Buddhist approaches to Jesus.
Jesus: A Historical Reconstruction
- Reconstructs the life of Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. Calls into question many commonly accepted beliefs such as Jesus' birth in Bethlehem. Quotes from a variety of primary sources.
New Testament Gateway: Historical Jesus
- An annotated gateway to internet resources on the Historical Jesus. Part of the New Testament Gateway by Dr. Mark Goodacre, Lecturer in New Testament at the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Proving the Historic Jesus
- An essay by journalist Harry V. Martin, publisher of the Napa Sentinel and the North American Investigative Journal.
The Quest of the Historical Jesus
- Online English text of the 1906 book on the historical Jesus by Albert Schweitzer, who took the non-Christian position that Jesus was a failed eschatological prophet.
Radical Faith: A Historical Jesus
- Discusses Christianity as a religion based on a historical figure, the implications of this and the importance of a historical rather than purely subjective understanding of Jesus. Also discusses available historical evidence regarding Jesus.
Ways of Christ
- Documents on Jesus' contributions to human consciousness and to the changes of mankind and the earth, with new viewpoints from many fields of investigation and experience and with practical hints for personal development.
Who killed Jesus?
- A Straight Dope Staff Report.
Wikipedia: Religious Perspectives on Jesus
- How a variety of different religions view Jesus.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:43:49 PM EDT -