become an editor
the entire directory
only in Opposing_Views/Yoga
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Yoga
- William Yenner and other former students of guru Andrew Cohen present stories and information critical of Andrew Cohen and his community.
Ananda Awareness Network
- Information about corruption and abuse connected with Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters), the Ananda Church and the Ananda communities.
- A site set up for ex-members of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, organizers of Raja Yoga centers.
Call for Media and Government Investigation
- A site detailing corruption and abuse in the Sathya Sai Baba organization.
The Case of Adi Da
- Noted spirituality author Ken Wilber updates his position on the guru named Adi Da.
Critical Considerations Regarding Yoga As Spiritual Path Towards Transcendence
- Surveys some basic inconsistencies in Raja Yoga and Hatha Yoga.
- Presented by ex-followers of the ex-"Lord of the Universe," Maharaji. Information in English, French, and Spanish on Prem Rawat, Elan Vital, and the Divine Light Mission. Interviews, personal stories, news items.
- An ummoderated discussion group for former members of SYDA (Siddha Yoga), also open to current members.
Gentle Wind Project
- Former Gentle Wind Project members tell insiders' stories of experiences and recovery.
The Guru Looked Good
- A memoir of Marta Szabo's participation in Siddha Yoga with Gurumayi, and comments from readers.
- An ever-changing, up to the minute weblog with critical news of various yoga and guru groups.
Leaving Siddha Yoga
- Information and testimonials from former members of Siddha Yoga (SYDA), describing sexual abuse and other kinds of corruption connected to Muktananda and Gurumayi.
Ma Jaya & Kashi Ashram Revealed
- Critical articles exposing corruption and abuse in the Ma Jaya group.
Sathya Sai Baba Deceptions Exposed
- Site critical of Sathya Sai Baba.
Self-Realization Fellowship's Kriya Pledge
- To learn kriya, you have to promise things over your head; to keep your pledge may be impossible.
- Open forum for the discussion of Self-Realization Fellowship, its practices, goals, and relationship to members and monastics/employees.
Stripping the Gurus
- Critical information on various gurus.
Traumatic Abuse in Cults
- An essay using Siddha Yoga (SYDA) as an example of an abusive group, exploring issues of trauma and recovery in cults.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 8:45:11 UTC -