become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scientology/Scientology_v._Internet
Religion and Spirituality
Scientology v. Internet
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Copyrights: Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Google Erasure of Anti-Scientology Links
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Scientology: Church of Scientology: Response to Critics: Scientology v. Internet
About Scientology's Cookie-Cutter Web Pages
- Explains how the Scientologist On-line program, which promoted flooding search engines with thousands of nearly-identical so-called "personal" pages, backfired on Scientology.
Church of Scientology Censors Net Access for Members
- Information about the CoS censorware that filters any site that may say anything critical about the organization.
- The list of banned servers, forbidden newsgroups and censored words from the Church of Scientology censorware.
Cyber-Rights: The Church of Scientology vs. the Net
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility site outlines major events and trends in Scientology's war against fair use and freedom of speech online.
Exclusions from the Wayback Machine
- An Internet Archive spokesperson states, on a message board, that materials were removed from the Wayback Machine because Scientology lawyers claimed ownership. This goes over like a lead balloon.
Google Bows to Scientology!
- Message board discussing Google's March 2002 removal of sites critical of Scientology.
Scientology Cult Attacks XS4ALL
- Contains links and press coverage both in Dutch and English translations.
The Scientology sect vs. Internet
- Panoramic view of the "church" of Scientology's dirty campaign against its critics on the Internet, from the raids on anon.penet.fi and XS4ALL to present-day censoring of the cult's own members.
Net Archive Silences Scientology Critic
- The Internet Archive, buckling under pressure from the Church of Scientology, removed all links to xenu.net, and replaced them with a notice claiming the pages had been removed "per the request of the site owner." [CNET News.com] (September 24, 2002)
Wayback Machine Purged of Scientology Criticism
- Report that the Wayback Machine, an archive of web sites, has censored anti-Scientology site xenu.net. Links and reader discussion. [Slashdot] (September 24, 2002)
Church of Scientology fights Google
- Civil libertarians were outraged when Google removed links to a site which portrays Scientology as a money-hungry cult. Scientology's legal threat may have backfired, since the critic's site now is second only to the Church's official site in search results. [BBC News] (April 25, 2002)
Scientologists Shut Down ISP
- A report that Dutch ISP Xtended Internet was cut off by its upstream provider, after the Church of Scientology threatened legal action. Also mentions Google's capitulation to a DMCA threat from Scientology. [DSLreports.com] (March 22, 2002)
Anti-Scientology Site Shut Down
- The owner of xenu.net reported that the site was shut down after the ISP received a letter from Scientology's Religious Technology Center alleging trademark infringement. [Slashdot] (November 19, 1999)
Internet is battleground in foes' war of information
- Around the clock, from Norway, the Netherlands, Australia and every corner of the United States, the critics of Scientology discuss the controversial organization and its practices. [St. Petersburg Times] (March 29, 1999)
Scientology on the World Wide Web
- A collection of links to pro and con sites. [St. Petersburg Times] (March 29, 1999)
Scientology v. Internet
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2015 at 12:19:14 UTC -