become an editor
the entire directory
only in Social_Aspects/Clothing
Religion and Spirituality
Donning the Hijab
- When Samuel Cole's feminist sister converted to Islam and donned the hijab, it shocked her family. This is his defense of Muslim women's status in Islam.
Hijab in the Workplace
- Questions and answers regarding Muslim women's attire and the issues that Muslim women and employers of Muslim women might face.
- An article addressing common questions about the Muslim dress requirements for men and women.
The Islamic Dress Code
- An article from Albalagh describes the reasoning behind Muslim dress requirements for men and women.
Liberation by the Veil
- Explanation of reasons behind the Islamic dress code, emphasising the hijab as a liberating force for Muslim women.
The Rickets Scare
- A refutation of the claim that Muslim women suffer from rickets due to the practice of veiling.
Travellers Guide to Muslim Clothing
- Muslim clothing guide for non-Muslim travellers to the Middle East, including instructions on making your own chador.
Veil: the View from the Inside
- Nakata Khaula's article about her experiences as a Japanese convert to Islam who has chosen to veil.
Women Dress Code in Islam
- A brief presentation of women's dress code in Islam.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2012 at 10:05:05 UTC -