become an editor
the entire directory
only in Islam/Quran
Religion and Spirituality
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Arabic
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Religious Texts
This category in other languages:
- Explanation for non-Arabic-speakers on properly reciting the Qur'an, including explanation of the Arabic letters, list of common errors, and manners when reading the Qur'an.
As-Sidq (The Truth)
- Lessons on reading the Quran in Arabic, including the alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar. Also features e-books and audio files, and sells CDs or cassettes of Quran recitations.
Bartleby.com: Chapters from the Koran
- Passages with explanatory notes.
Exploring the Scientific Miracle of the Holy Qur'an
- Scientific analysis of the creation verses in the Holy Qur'an. By Dr. Mohammad N. Wagdi.
- Sells software featuring Urdu and English translations and Arabic recitation of the Quran.
The Holy Qurán
- Full text of the Quran, with concordances and word frequency lists.
International Quran Research Association (IQRA), Korea
- Features translations of the Quran into English and Korean, as well as audio and video files, articles, and other resources.
- Online Qur'an, in Arabic and English; also offers recitation in MP3 format.
- The text of the Quran in Arabic, with a range of translations into English.
- M.H. Shakir's searchable translation of the Koran.
- English text translated by J.M. Rodwell.
Prayers from Quran
- A collection of prayers from the Quran; in transliterated Arabic and English translation.
Project Gutenberg Bibliographic Record: Koran, The [The Qur'an]
- Etext of an English text in 2 formats. Translator unknown.
- A description and analysis of the Qur'an, its significance in Islam, and its influence on Arabic. [From Wikipedia]
The Qur'an and Qur'anic Interpretation (tafsir)
- An introduction to the Quranic sciences; includes a brief account of the compilation of the Qur'an, discussion of some historical and translation issues. Also offers links to other resources.
- Transliteration of the Qur'an into Roman script, with colored letters to assist recitation. Also features translations, advice on pronunciation, and other resources.
- Browser for multiple Quran translations, Arabic text and transliteration. Includes a translation search facility. Translations available: Khalifa, Pickthall, Shakir, SherAli and Yusufali.
- Offers translations of the holy book into English, Urdu, Bahasa Indonesia, Malay, Turkish, Dutch and French, with parallel Arabic text; also offers recitations.
- The whole Quran recited by Sheikh Al-Husary in 16 kbps MP3 format.
- Quran portal with resources in multiple languages.
The Quran Word Index
- A free tool to study the Quran. Each verse has Arabic text, transliteration, and translation, with a concordance function.
- Offers a range of articles on topics relating to the Quran. Also includes information about, and samples of, books by Dr Louay Fatoohi.
- A collection of articles about the Quran and its message.
- Web based Quran memorization tool featuring mp3 downloads, translations, tajweed rules and help with pronunciation, and lectures by Ahmed Deedat.
- Crosslinked etexts of Palmer and Pickthall English renderings of the Qur'an and a transliterated Arabic Qur'an, plus A Manual of Hadith, and a number of primary Sufi texts (Rumi, Hafiz, Sa'di, Al-Ghazzali).
- Offers the text of the Qur'an in Arabic, transliterated, and in several translations; includes a facility to search the text of the Qur'an and the Hadith. Also has a FAQ on Islam.
Translating the Untranslatable: A Survey of English Translations of the Quran
- An article reviewing and comparing English translations of the Quran.
Translation and Commentary On the Holy Qur-an
- Selling a translation of the Quran into English by Dr. Zohurul Hoque. Translation is literal rather than literary and the edition includes an index and Hadith and Bible cross-references. Site also offers Bangla and Assamese translations free for download.
- "Yet Another Quran Brower" allows the user to browse and compare nine different Quran translations; includes links to commentaries (tafsir).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 6, 2015 at 9:36:56 UTC -