become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theology/Dispensationalism
Religion and Spirituality
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Perspectives: Prophecy: Prophecies: End Times: Millennial Views: Premillennialism
Covenant Theology Versus Dispensationalism
- Although some critics of Dispensationalism claim that the early church fathers were Covenant Theologians, systematized Covenant Theology is actually of recent origin.
The Abrahamic Covenant, Dispensationally Considered
- One's understanding of scripture concerning the nation of Israel and end time events is profoundly influenced by whether one holds to a Dispensational or a Covenant Theological viewpoint.
- Dispensationalism resolves perceived scriptural contradictions; for example, Gal. 1:6-9 condemns those who preach another gospel, yet an angel clearly preaches another gospel in Revelation 14:6, without being condemned.
Bible Food For Hungry Christians - Examining the Biblical Term "Dispensation"
- Once God's Dispensations are understood, non-Church-Age Scriptures cannot be applied to the church today; for example, Matt 24:36-44 does not refer to the Rapture.
Bible Study Manuals: Dispensational Theology
- After giving a basic definition of Dispensationalism, this study examines the seven traditionally recognized dispensations in detail, including the common Dispensational viewpoint concerning the seventy weeks of Daniel.
The Bible Study Project
- In-depth, detailed studies of a broad range of Bible topics are presented. Literal interpretation of Scripture is held to, and the distinction between Israel and the Church is maintained.
A Biblical Look at the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- The major doctrine the Pentecostals and Charismatics do not understand is the dispensational truth that Christians are not in the Old Testament times, but live in a different dispensation.
Biblion College-Seminary -- Silverton, Oregon
- Biblion College-Seminary (BCS) is a non–profit fundamental, dispensational Christian College with one purpose - to train men and women to teach the Bible in an accurate and interesting way.
Brethren Writers Hall of Fame
- Life and Works of all major authors of dispensational works, mostly Plymouth Brethren but many Presbyterian and Lutheran. With works online, more samples of works, and links to similar sites.
The Calvinistic Heritage of Dispensationalism
- Dr. Thomas Ice chronicles the fact that dispensationalism was initially spread by those with a Reformed, Calvinistic viewpoint, during its first 100 years of development.
Covenants and Dispensations
- This treatise on the various dispensations of God's covenants is written from a fairly dispensational perspective, although its author claims to be neither a Dispensationalist nor a Covenant Theologian.
A Day of Small Things
- This site draws on the words of a few of the Lord’s servants, providing encouragement and instruction for believers who, above all, are following and keeping close to Jesus.
Difficult Scriptures Explained
- Dispensationalism helps explain the seeming contradictions in Scripture; for example, one passage intones "saved by faith without works", while another states "faith without works is dead".
- Likens the various dispensations to chapters in the story of the earth, with the eighth dispensation being a new beginning.
Dispensationalism and God's Glory
- The primary focus of this paper is to discuss the glory of God, as it is seen in the dispensations.
Dispensationalism and the Church
- The key to Dispensationalism lies not in defining a specific number of dispensations, but in the belief that God is working with man in a progressive way.
- Dispensationalists acknowledge the distinction between Israel and the Church, apply a consistently literal principle of interpretation, and conceive God's purpose to be His own glory, rather than the single purpose of salvation.
- Various articles clarifying Dispensationalism, in view of the confused theological climate.
Dispensationalism Made Easy
- This study offers a simple explanation of the basic Biblical dispensational arrangement, then presents "A Dispensational Survey of the Bible."
- After examining in detail the most commonly recognized dispensations and eschatological positions, this paper concludes with a defense of the premillennial, pre-tribulation viewpoint, upon which dispensationalism is based. [PDF]
Dispensations & Creation Week
- The six-day creation (and seventh day of rest) in Genesis perfectly portrays the seven dispensations, because each day of creation matches the corresponding dispensation, with some very interesting parallels.
The Distinction Between Israel and the Church
- This page presents evidence supporting the distinction between Israel and the church, and explains why the church could not have existed prior to Acts chapter 2.
Doc's Exhortation Place
- Free Bible Studies and outline studies, all from the standpoint of Biblically principled dispensationalism.
Does Dispensationalism Teach Two Ways of Salvation?
- Although normative dispensationalism has never taught anything other than a single way of salvation, its opponents often make the false claim that dispensationalism teaches two ways of salvation.
- Because Southern Baptists have formed no consensus on Eschatology, SBC Life gathered 3 scholars - Drs. Paige Patterson (a dispensational premillennialist), David Dockery, and Millard Erickson - to discuss this issue.
Israel: The Center of Divine History
- Just as Luther re-discovered the long-suppressed doctrine of salvation by faith during the Reformation, so have Dispensationalists re-discovered the long-lost truth of the pre-Millennial Rapture.
The Parenthesis of the Present Dispensation
- Sudden prophetic breaks, such as Christ's proclamation that only half of Isaiah 61:2 was fulfilled in Luke 4:18-20, are best explained Dispensationally; the second half pertains to a future dispensation.
Pre-Trib Perspectives - The First Foundation: Consistent Literal Interpretation
- Although Dispensationalists apply consistent literal interpretation "whenever possible", they realize some passages are obviously figurative; yet critics misrepresent the practice of literal interpretation by pointing to these very passages.
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
- C. I. Scofield's explanation of the seven unequal time periods, from the creation of Adam to the new heaven and new earth, which are referred to as dispensations.
Society of Dispensational Webmasters
- Owners of dispensational websites are invited to join, in an effort to promote dispensational unity, glorify God, and spread the gospel of God's grace.
- This is a non-sectarian, dispensational Bible study site, teaching God’s sovereignty, and the Scriptures rightly divided. We have nothing to sell, and nothing to join
What is Dispensationalism, By Michael J. Vlach
- Since the mid-1800s, dispensationalism has exerted great influence on the way many Christians view the doctrines of ecclesiology and eschatology
Why We Need Dispensationalism
- David F. Reagan explains why "rightly dividing the word" according to 2 Tim. 2:15 is a dynamic approach to scripture, compared to the static concept of "right division".
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 10:54:05 UTC -