become an editor
the entire directory
only in Practices/Sabbatarianism
Religion and Spirituality
Bible Studies on the Sabbath
Society: Issues: Church-State Relations
The Bible Sabbath Association
- Non-denominational organization to promote fellowship and cooperation between Seventh-Day Sabbath keepers. Sells the Directory of Sabbath-Observing Groups. Includes articles.
Calvin in the Hands of the Philistines, or, Did Calvin Bowl on the Sabbath?
- Seeks to illuminate Calvin's actual teaching on Sabbath observance and recreation by unraveling the origins of an anecdote about John Knox supposedly finding Calvin bowling on the Lord's Day.
- Definition of the term. Distinguishes between strict or literal sabbatarianism, which can only apply to the seventh-day sabbath, and semisabbatarianism, which transfers the demands of the sabbath to Sunday.
- Historical information on Sabbatarianism, in particular, the English Sabbatarians of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Defines Sabbatarianism as a rigorist conflation of the Christian Sunday with the Jewish Sabbath, devotes attention to Seventh-Day Sabbatarianism as well.
- 1923 article from an Ontario newspaper about the hubbub caused by a suggestion to allow children to use a municipal swimming pool during a heat wave.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 19, 2007 at 12:15:59 UTC -