become an editor
the entire directory
only in Origins_and_Creation/Denominational_Views
Religion and Spirituality
Origins and Creation
Seventh-day Adventist Views
Evolution and the Roman Catholic Church
- Wikipedia article on the official Church's position which states that faith and scientific findings regarding human evolution are not in conflict, supported by statements of a number of Popes.
- A Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) statement by its Office of Theology and Worship.
Humani Generis, 1950
- This is the papal encyclical by Pope Pius XII,that states that Catholics are free to accept evolutionary explanations for biological diversity and the origin of the human body. The letter neither endorses nor condemns an evolutionary perspective.
The Origins of Life: An Evangelical Baptist View
- R. Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, writes that views of Evangelical Christians and secularists are incompatible.
Resolution On Scientific Creationism
- A resolution on the official website of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Truth Cannot Contradict Truth
- Pope John Paul II's statement about evolution and faith, on October 22, 1996, to the Pontifical Academy of Science. How God's revealed truth can be harmonized with scientifically observed truth.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2016 at 0:15:09 UTC -