become an editor
the entire directory
only in C/Saint_Clement_I
Religion and Spirituality
Saint Clement I
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Popes
Catholic Encyclopedia: Pope St. Clement I
- Lengthy article on Clement I, also called Clemens Romanus, the fourth pope and the first of the Apostolic Fathers.
Catholic Information Network: Pope St. Clement I
- Hagiographical essay.
- Article on Clement's life and his writings, genuine and spurious, by G. Salmon. The HTML is legible, but the "image" version (PNG files) is preferable.
- Brief information on Clemens Romanus, first-century bishop. A consideration of his letter. Then returns to what can be said of the man, based on his letter. In the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Clement of Rome, Bishop
- Short biography. With prayer in traditional (Anglican) and contemporary language.
The First Epistle of Clement
- Includes several online translations, introductions, and discussion of authorship and dating.
Introductory Note to the First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians
- From Ante-Nicene Fathers (American edition), vol. 1. About St. Clement of Rome and his genuine epistle.
New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Clement of Rome
- Article by G. Uhlhorn on Clement's life and the writings ascribed to him. Includes extensive bibliography. Requires ability to view PNG files.
Pope Clement I
- Profile of this saint, also known as Clement of Rome. Accepts the tradition that he was martyred in 101. Illustrated.
S. Baring-Gould: Pope St. Clement I
- Biography, from S. Baring-Gould's 1914 book "Lives of the Saints."
St Clement, Pope, Martyr
- From Fr. Alban Butler's Lives of the Saints.
Saint Clement I
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 18:19:55 UTC -