become an editor
the entire directory
only in A/Saint_Aldhelm
Religion and Spirituality
Aldhelm as a Scholar
- Lecture on Aldhelm's life and writings by M.R. James.
Aldhelm of Sherborne
- Biography of St. Aldhelm, also known as Adhelm or Aldelmus.
Ant-lion riddle by Aldhelm
- From his book of 100 riddles. Includes Latin text and modern English translation.
Fragment of Verse in Latin and Old English
- 17 lines of a poem attributed to Aldhelm in which some of the half-lines are in Old English and others in Latin.
- Abbot of Malmesbury, bishop of Sherborne, poet, d. about 709. Variants on the saint's name include Ealdhelm, Aeldhelm, Adelelmus, Althelmus, and Adelme. Biographical article in the Catholic Encyclopedia.
St. Aldhelm (AD 639-709)
- Brief account of Aldhelm's life, work, and significance in literature and religious history, edited from Baring-Gould's "Lives of the Saints".
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2014 at 3:51:53 UTC -