become an editor
the entire directory
only in Religious_Society_of_Friends/Organizations
Religion and Spirituality
Religious Society of Friends
American Friends Service Committee
- The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service. Its work is based on the Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) belief in the worth of every person, and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
Christian Quaker Internet Mission
- Statement of faith and articles on aspects of faith and practice by an independent ministry of Christian Quakers.
Earlham School of Religion
- The first Quaker seminary offering graduate study in Christian ministry, theology, peace and justice, spirituality, and writing for the Christian market.
Friends Christian School
- Pre-school, elementary and middle school education on two campuses in Yorba Linda, California, USA, begun as a ministry of Yorba Linda Friends Church in 1975.
Friends Committee on National Legislation - FCNL
- This is the lobbying arm of Friends (Quakers) in the U.S. Does not speak for all Quakers, but policy is made by a General Committee that is fairly representative of Friends.
Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns
- FLGBTQC is a Quaker faith community within the Religious Society of Friends. It honors, affirms, and upholds that of God in all people - lesbian, gay, bisexual, heterosexual, transgender, and transsexual.
Friends General Conference
- Information about Friends General Conference, and resources for Friends (Quakers).
Friends Media Project - Faithful Witness
- The online Journal of the Friends Media Project, supporting the work and interests of Quakers in mass media communication.
Friends Meeting School
- Information about Friends Meeting School, Ijamsville, Maryland, including philosophy, curriculum, faculty and staff, location and future plans.
Friends Services for the Aging-Senior Services
- Description of Quaker-sponsored services for seniors of all faiths, races, and backgrounds. Links to home pages of individual service providers.
Friends United Meeting
- An association representing more than half of the world's Quakers. Includes information on various ministries, articles from publication Quaker Life, and partial listing of bookstore inventory.
Friends World Committee for Consultation
- Information about the Friends World Committee for Consultation, a body that seeks to provide information about and promote connections between all Friends (Quakers) in the world.
FWCC Section of the Americas
- Information on the work of the Friends World Committee for Consultation Section of the Americas, and on member bodies.
Living Witness Project
- A network exploring and promoting awareness of the need for a green lifestyle. Includes background information, news, events, resources, and contacts.
Northern Friends Peace Board
- An organisation of Friends (Quakers) in the North of Britain supporting Friends and others "in the active promotion of peace in all its heigth and breadth"
Powell House Quaker Conference and Retreat Center
- Calendar of conferences and retreats, and other information about Powell Housewhich is associated with New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- A list for queer (lesbian, gay male, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual or questioning) Quakers and interested guests to discuss issues relating to being queer, being a Friend (Quaker), and the intersection thereof.
Quaker Theological Discussion Group
- Information on annual meetings, held in conjunction with American Academy of Religion and Society of Biblical Literature. Site also includes contact information.
Quaker United Nations Office
- Information about the work of the Quaker United Nations Office in New York and Geneva, including publications and statements, and how to get involved.
Southern California Quarterly Meeting of Friends (Quakers)
- Newsletter and information about Southern California Quarterly Meeting.Also contains listing of member unprogrammed Quaker Meetings and worship groups located in Southern California, as well as Las Vegas, Nevada, Guatemala and Mexico City.
William Penn House
- Quaker seminar and hospitality center located on Capitol Hill provides lodging, seminars and other programs. Includes information on activities and accommodations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 16:35:05 UTC -