become an editor
the entire directory
only in Religious_Society_of_Friends/History
Religion and Spirituality
Religious Society of Friends
Fry, Elizabeth Gurney
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Church History
An Apology for the True Christian Divinity by Robert Barclay
- The classic early Quaker doctrinal work in digital facsimile edition.
The Autobiography of George Fox
- Complete online text of the Journal of George Fox, the autobiography of the founder of the Religious Society of Friends.
Famous Friends (Quakers)
- Lists famous people from history who were friends, including scientists, politicians, and U.S. Presidents.
Fox's Journal - a guide
- A guide to the Journal of George Fox, generally considered to be the founder of Quakerism. It allows one to move from selected key passages to the chapter containing the passage.
Ham Sok-Hon Resource Site
- A variety of resources by and about Ham Sok-Hon (1901-89), Korean Quaker sometimes called the "Gandhi of Korea."
James Kiefer's Quaker Biographies
- Brief biographies of some key figures in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Journal of George Fox
- The autobiography of the founder of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). First published in 1694. This is the Rufus Jones edition, 1908.
Journal of John Woolman
- The autobiography of one of the best loved and most respected Quaker historical figures of all time, a key person in the ending of slaveholding among Quakers in the 18th century.
Portraiture of Quakerism
- Complete online text of Thomas Clarkson's 1806 work on Quaker beliefs and customs.
- A repository of resources related to Quaker genealogical research.
Quaker Historical Texts
- Several electronic texts of writings of early Friends (Quakers).
Quaker Page of Street Corner Society site
- Very helpful organized listing of Quaker writings and historical materials available on the Web.
- A collection of writings and sermons from the 17th century to the present, many of which are not readily available in print.
Spiritual Writings of James Nayler
- Selected works of prominent first-generation Quaker James Nayler, and a few sermons from other Friends of the same era.
- Historic home in Cumbria, England, which served as the nerve center of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in its early days. Official site, with history and facilities.
Tour of Quaker Country
- Dai William's tour of the seedbed of early Quakerism in northern England, with a few photos.
Yorkshire Quaker Heritage Project
- Databases of publicly accessible archives and book collections related to Friends (Quakers) within the pre-1974 boundaries of the county of Yorkshire in England. These are searchable by location and by name.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2013 at 7:45:09 UTC -